An Open Letter To Man's Best Friend

An Open Letter To Man's Best Friend

Dogs should be chosen over humans any day.

88
An Open Letter To Man's Best Friend
Facebook

"Somethings just fill your heart without trying." I'm talking about animals. Not only animals, but dogs in general. They are literally a man's best friend. It’s so hard to punish and/or get mad at your dog. After they eat your underwear or potty in the house, you just have to love them. They are fragile little creatures that deserve all the love in the world. It is frustrating trying to control. Telling you to move and you just move positions and not spots, or having a big dog trying to be a lap dog, it just doesn’t work. Sorry. I still love you and you have my heart. I’d choose you over a boyfriend/girlfriend any day. News flash, puppy dog eyes don’t work… Well, sometimes.

The day that I regret that you leave this earth not only will I be a miserable wreck, but I will miss giving you my human food, or forcing you to cuddle with me. You deserve to be happy and that’s all I hope for. I will probably get another dog but don’t get me wrong, not a dog in this world will be just as cuddly, fun and energetic like you. Your spontaneous running around the house or barking at nothing is what I’ll miss. If I had the choice to have you live forever, you betcha I would choose it.

When I go to look to adopt, I will think of you when I have 10 puppies attacking me with licks. Even when I think this dog is the cutest, no one will be cuter than you. Thank you for all the memories we shared together. Thank you for making me talk in the highest voice I never thought I could reach, forcing me out of bed with licks, and possibly the worse smelling fart ever. Who’s going to be my alarm clock in the mornings, and who’s going to be someone I can have a full conversation with?

It’s been said that you shouldn’t hug your dog just because one dog behavior expert said so. All dogs deserve hugs, as many as 20 a day, maybe more. The way your ears perk up when I say “wanna go for a ride?” or when I act like someone is at the house and you get so excited. I usually rush home just to be greeted by you or to let you know that I am coming back and not forgetting you. Nothing is more rewarding than coming home and being greeted with so much joy and excitement from you. When you catch me crying, you can always cheer me up. You know exactly when I am upset, and you do your best a dog can do to help, as bring me a toy, or put your chin on my shoulder. When I accidentally hurt you, my world ends for the .5 seconds that you whine. I feel terrible and I want to make it up to you, no matter the risk. I know that when you bite me, it’s out of fear and probably my fault. So it’s okay that you do so because I probably deserved it.

Thank you for changing my life. You are my best friend and my hero. You have come to me when no one else would. I let you sit on my chest to the point that I can't breathe and I will miss every second of that. Thank you for letting me hug you and forcing you to look in the mirror and me pointing out that is you, when clearly you know it is.

I love you so much. Thank you for being my best friend.