A Open Letter From Your Dog In Heaven

A Open Letter From Your Dog In Heaven

Wouldn't it be perfect if there were visiting hours?

6477
A Open Letter From Your Dog In Heaven
Suburban Man

Hey there two legged family members!

It’s been quite some time since we have seen each other and I’m really sorry about that. I know that nobody was ready for it all but it was simply my time to go. Don’t get me wrong; I absolutely loved being with you guys every single day. For the longest time, there was no place I would have rather been than with you all. It just had gotten to a point where I wasn’t feeling like my old self and you guys didn’t deserve to see me be the dog that I’m not. I want to thank you for taking care of me even when it wasn’t easy, especially near the end. Sometimes you tried your best to be strong for me and hide your tears, I still saw them. Other times, you just sunk your face into my fur and let them flow and that was perfectly fine with me. That’s what a best friend is for right?

You gave me unconditional love from the start and I couldn’t be more grateful for that. Thank you for all the thrown balls, playing in the yard with me for hours and letting me play outside in the pouring down rain. Thank you for filling up my bowl with food, for sharing your delicious human food with me and giving me extra treats that I didn’t deserve. Thank you for taking me on fun walks and for all the car rides where I got to stick my head out the window. Thank you for being super happy to see me when you got home, for telling me you loved me all the time and for not staying mad at me for very long when I had an accident in the house. Thank you for always having an endless supply of toys even though I tended to destroy or hide most of them and for accepting all of my wet and sloppy kisses. I want to thank you the most for being my best friends. I lived a very long life that was filled with pure and endless happiness and I have you, my family, to thank for that.

Now here comes the awkward part, yes I do know that you got another dog. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! Hehe just messing with you, I couldn’t resist seeing that face you guys all make when mom starts yellin’, sorry mom love you extra. Really guys, I’m happy you finally got another dog. I know very well that trying to replace me was not your intentions, cause come on, I’m irreplaceable. I was actually worried that all that love you all have would just sit there and go to waste. I’m so thankful that you all could open your hearts up enough to allow another crazy dog into the family so that he could experience the same thing that I did, unconditional love. It’s an amount of love that makes a dog’s heart explode with happiness because there’s just so much of it. And I’m glad that the new dog is just as happy to see you guys come home as I was.

Just so you know, it is okay to miss me because I miss you guys more than you’ll ever know. It’s okay to cry when you start to think about me, as long as those tears don’t last forever because you have a new dog to love on. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind soaking up some of your tears with his fur either, like I said earlier, that’s what best friends are for. When you think of me, think of how happy I am and how I lived the most wonderful life because of YOU. I am the dog I am because of the love you gave me, now go fill the new dog's life with the same love and he will one day be as grateful as I am.

I love and miss you all so much but one day we will meet again. You’ll never believe this, but you’ll find me waiting patiently at the pearly doggy gates, wagging my tail like crazy. This is not a goodbye, this will always just be an "I'll love you forever".

With love,

your four-legged family member.

In loving memory of Jag, the dog who has forever stolen a big piece of my heart. 13 years wasn't long enough. I miss you so much buddy & I can't wait to see you again one day.