An Open Letter To The Mom of The Group

An Open Letter To The Mom of The Group

She's our lifeline

11
An Open Letter To The Mom of The Group

You are the most important aspect of our friend group, the Mom. Without you our plans would fall through, we would be on the verge of emotional breakdowns every other day and manage to be too much on our nights out. Without you, our friend group would be on the brink of disaster.

There is no way to express our gratitude for everything you have done and will continue to do for all of us. You manage to know exactly what to say and when to say it. There aren't many people that would wait in a parking lot for 45 minutes just so I could meet you and spill all my problems out to you. Whether you are just listening to us, or giving us advice you always make us feel like your biggest priority. Your words fix problems wether they be big or small. You, the mom, are the glue that hold us, the mess, together. It seems even if you are having the worst of days you're still there for us.

Holding the title of being the Mom of the friend group is something to pride yourself on, you're the only one who has your life together enough to keep three others together. Some days I feel you know my schedule better than my own, which we don't mind at all. You're prepared for everything at all times no matter what. Your purse is the group's life line, it seems never ending. We never quite understood how you could manage to lug that much around, you have everything from chapstick and Motrin to an extra pair of socks and a water bottle. If the world is ever coming to an end I know the purse will manage to save us all.

There are so many ways you are the Mom without even meaning to be, and it wouldn't be the same without those little quirks. If we don't pick up the phone or text back that we have made it home safely we can be expecting spam from you making sure we are safe. Which we have learned to love because we know you're just being over protective and watching out for your babies. No matter what you know what we are thinking and have talked us out of making a fool out of ourselves and doing dumb things. Even when we did something dumb instead of saying "I told you so", you were still there as our biggest fan. On our nights out you kept us alive, which is most important. Theres so many 'Mom' quirks to you, which makes you, you.

You are our rock and without you who knows where we would be. Theres no words to express how thankful we are for you and how selfless you are towards us. None of us deserve you but we are just lucky enough to get to have a friend (Mom) as great as you in our lives. I just want you to know one thing, we are here for you just as you are for us, no matter what time of the day. Most of all, thank you for being my number one fan, the Mom of the group, and my person.

Love,

A forever grateful best friend.