To The Most Important Person In My Life: My Mom

I appreciate every single day you've been there for me.

38127
Celeste Wallis

From the moment we are born, all we know is our mother. We know the sound of her voice and we feel immediate comfort in her arms. The bond between a mother and her child is one unlike that of any two human beings on earth. For as far back as I can think, all I can remember is my mom and how she always loved me with every bit of her soul.

From day one, all I had was my mom. It was her and me against the world. I've had a few father figures over the years; and though I love them all dearly, none of us shared the same bond I have with my mother. At times, that woman was all I had. In every horrible, scary, dark moment, I knew my mom could help. And even when she was powerless, she did everything she could to help me feel at ease.

My mother is the strongest woman I know. For years, I always thought she was the happiest woman alive. I realize now that wasn't true. But for me as a kid, the most important thing in life was to be happy. I still believe that today; it's just a lot harder to achieve than any 7 year old can understand. So to 7 year old me, she seemed happy. Even as the years flew by I can't recall a time my mom wasn't strong. Through all of my terrifying medical problems, she was always more put together than anyone else in the room. She made me strong. I don't know how I could have handled most of the biggest moments in my life if she hadn't taught me to be the strong woman I'm still trying to be. I owe my life, my strength, my passion, and my heart to this woman. She spent my entire life teaching me the importance of being loving and caring, of following my dreams, of being who I am. I don't think she realizes how much I have learned from watching her as I grew up. I don't think she intended on leaving these specific marks on my brain. But because of her, I have become someone I am proud to be. Through all of my faults and all of my mistakes, I know I wont forget those basic parts of who I am.

To the most important person in my life: I love you. I don't say enough just how much you mean to me. Even with how close we are and how often we talk, I felt like I needed something more to say what needed to be said. You're not just the most important and influential person in my life, you're my favorite person to talk to and be around. I know that's kind of lame and I should probably get some friends or something, but it's true. The hardest thing I've ever done was moving away from you. It's hard to start a life somewhere when one of the biggest parts of you isn't something you can box up and take with you. Though, I did think about trying it once or twice. I'm still going to need your help at every turn. I'll still be calling you for help when I'm old and grey myself. I look up to you. I trust what you have to say more than any other person in this world. You're my mom. That wont change. And I'll still be your baby-girl when I'm 40 years old. I love being able to call you and talk to you for two hours just to realize we forgot the reason I called in the first place. I love that we know each other so well it's like knowing ourselves. I love that my mom has better music taste than any other person I've ever met. I love that we have our own inside jokes. I love that my mom is my best friend! I wouldn't trade you in for anyone or anything. You made me the person I am today. The only reason I'm in the career I am is because I wanted to be just like my mom. I wanted to be just like you growing up. Just as strong and passionate and beautiful as my mom. I am forever thankful for everything you have done for me and my siblings. I'm thankful for how loving you have always been. I'm thankful for how supportive you are of our wild dreams. I'm thankful to have a mother who lets me be who I am and encourages me to be better.

So thank you mom, for being perfect just the way you are. You are a wonderful, beautiful woman, and I am so lucky to have you in my life. I love you.