An Open Letter To The Girl Who Is Always Busy

Please listen to me carefully.

426
tumblr

Trust me, I understand. I know the struggle of the Whac-A-Mole homework syndrome. You finish an assignment and you have twenty more pop up. It seems like you add more things to the long to-do list rather than cross off. Between classes, work, clubs and organizations, resume builders, social time, trying to cook healthy foods, and everything in between, it gets overwhelming.

But just remember this one thing: It seems like the days are long, but the years are short.

I'm not trying to tell you to skip classes and not do your homework, but remember to look at the bigger picture. A college senior told me my freshman year, "I wish I spent more time looking up from my chemistry book." Yes, its important to do well in school. We spend so much money on getting an education to better our future. That's an incredible decision we've made. But at the end of the day, that's not the most important thing.

When you graduate college, you're not going to remember studying for 8 hours for that one history test and getting a B. You're going to remember 2 A.M. sonic runs with your best friends. You are not going to remember that all-nighter that you pulled to finish your bio lab. You are going to remember star-gazing with your best friend and talking till there's nothing left to talk about.

As important as it is to get good grades, remember that this is supposed to be the best time of our lives. We have the rest of our lives to work, so enjoy now. Enjoy today. So go say yes to dinner with your best gals. Say yes to movie night. Say yes to a random excursion in the middle of the day. Say yes to getting drunk on a Saturday night! You can study on Sunday (that's what its for).

Enjoy now and make memories. One day you're going to look back and you won't regret the things you've done, but rather those that you did not do. Don't let the time go to waste.

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things" -Robert Brault