An Open Thank You Letter To Potatoes

An Open Thank You Letter To Potatoes

Nothing is more perfect than you, potato.

117
An Open Thank You Letter To Potatoes
Dana Shultz

Dear potatoes,

You must be confused and wondering why you got a letter from someone who eats you. Well, when I look back on my life, you have always been a big part of it. I cannot thank you enough for all the times you've made me so happy. I'm writing this letter to let you know how wonderful you are.

They say that no one is perfect, but you prove that wrong. You're wonderful when you're boiled, roasted, mashed, scalloped, and fried (tater tots, hash browns, French fries, curly fries, waffle fries, chips and more). You can even be distilled and become vodka! You are flawless and never fail to impress me.

Another thing that I love about you is that you are amazing by yourself, but also a great team player. Look at you go in potato salad, gnocchi, corn chowder, shepherd's pie, etc.. You can even go well with any kind of flavoring, too! Not to mention the dream team made by you and gravy. Every Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for all the food but especially you.

In the morning, I eat eggs with hash browns. For lunch, I have a sandwich with fries. And then some chips for snacks and a steak with some mashed potatoes for dinner. If I were perfect as you, I would be a diva and act like I'm the main dish and seek more attention, but you're so chill and unobtrusive. I've never seen anything more mature but also badass than you, potatoes.

Thank you for making my day better.

Thank you for keeping me alive.

Thank you for being always there for me and never leaving me.

Thank you for making everything else more delicious.

Thank you for existing.

You make the world a better place and inspire so many of us to be better people. When someone tells me that I look like a potato, I'm taking that as a compliment.

I hope you know now how wonderful you are and don't let anyone make you believe that you are less than what I'm saying. Happiness is a choice, and that's why I choose you!

Lots and lots of love,

Me