A Letter To The Person I Love The Most

A Letter To The Person I Love The Most

Thank you for everything that you are.

30958
A Letter To The Person I Love The Most
The Guardian

I know that once you read this, you’ll know exactly who you are. I think that in itself is something to cherish — the idea that you know how much I love you. In this letter, I wanted to write about why I love you so much and to thank you for all of it.

There are a lot of great people in the world. There are people who will always make me laugh, make me challenge myself, and make me feel empowered. When you come into the mix, you make me feel all three without putting in any effort. I think that that is something that is extremely difficult to do — to have the power to make someone feel all three of those things is something to cherish. Through the years, I’ve found out that yes, we are very similar, but in places where we differ, you help me in growth and empathy. I don’t know if you’re aware of how much you impact my brain and personality, but I wanted to say thank you for it. Thank you for making me feel completely empowered when I’m in your company, making me laugh until I’m in pain, and making my brain flip around and view a different argument. I love that.

You know me, you know I hate feeling vulnerable. I hate feeling like someone can see when I’m not at my strongest and that I have the opportunity to break. Now I wanted to say thank you for making me feel completely comfortable when I find myself in such a fragile state. You recognize my vulnerability the most, possibly because I’m able to let it show around you, and you help me work through it and guide me away from it. What I’m most thankful for is the power you have to show me how to turn around from it. No, you aren’t my complete healer — I never want you to be my whole band-aid — but you’re my crutch. Thank you forever for that.

Now I want to twist it onto you. I wanted to acknowledge my favorite parts of you and why it’s so wonderful that you have these traits. With what is happening in the world today, I feel sluggish and pessimistic. You refrain from that behavior. You’re someone who is bright and cherishes as many moments as you can. I know you’re the light in the room; everyone shouts your name and showers you with hugs when you’re around. Not many people have that kind of character, so that just makes you one of a kind. To counter all of that, you’ve let me into your world where this type of behavior is vacant. I’ve had the opportunity to see you at times when you’re not as cheerful and it’s made me realize that you’re just as human as the rest of us. I love you even more for it.

You’re the greatest person I’ve ever met. You’re noble, empathetic, and powerful. To top it all off, you still have room to grow into the even more wonderful person you are going to become.

I love you and thank you.