An Open Letter To All My Loves This Valentine's

Because people ought to know they are loved everyday.

25
http://desktopbackgrounds4u.com/nature-love-wallpaper.html

For this wonderful holiday in which we choose to celebrate our loved ones, I would like to take a minute to thank and show my appreciation for some of the people who have helped make me who I am today. I take this moment to celebrate you simply because I could not be who I am without knowing you, and you each deserve to know how I feel.

To My Best Friends

You know who you are. Though I have not one best friend, but several, I know that each one of you has put up with a great deal from me and I am forever grateful. You are each so unique, and are so important to me. From handling all of life's dilemma's such as telling me what is or isn't acceptable to wear in public, accepting me when I'm delirious at late hours of the night, and planning our future weddings on Pinterest or reminding me what I deserve and should look for in a future man (and millions of things more) you have been there.

Thank you for caring about the big and the little things, keeping me laughing, being my go-to for SO many things, and reminding of your unconditional love with every time you accept me for all that I am: the good, the bad, and the crazy. I know that I can always count on you guys to tell me truth, be sassy when unnecessary, argue and make up two minutes later, sing and dance life away with me, and laugh hysterically with me. I am so glad to have people I can truly be myself with. If you are ever wondering (because I am not the best at showing it one hundred percent of the time), you mean the world to me.

To My Parents

Where to start? You have set me up to have the best possible life full of opportunities and love. You have always supported me and encouraged me to be the best I can be, and for this, I am so grateful. You challenge me, skeptically question me when necessary, and never hesitate to get mad when I'm not home as much as you'd like. I know that these things just mean that you care about me and what is going on in my life.

And of course, you want me around. You have shown me what it means to work hard, and to pursue a life that glorifies the Lord. You have shown me what a marriage and a love founded in Christ looks like. You let me use up your money like the broke college kid I am and take me on the best lunch dates, and were my first ever Valentines. Thank you for all these things and the many others you will continue to do for me as I go through this thing called growing up. I hope you know how much I appreciate you. Love you.

To My Little Brothers

Thanks for showing me how much I love getting to be your annoying, bossy, overprotective, and proud big sister. Thanks for bringing out the outdoorsy and "tomboy" side of me and making me as tough as I am. Thanks for looking up to me, but also for bothering me at times because I know that is your job, too. I know that we will go through many different phases of friendship as we grow older, but I continuously pray that you will always know just how much I love and care about you and your future.

I want the absolute best for you, and hope you see yourself through my eyes so you know just how much I think you are capable of. Know that I will always be here to back you up, to hear you out, and point you in the right direction when you need it so that you can be the best version of yourselves.

To My Church Family And Real Family

Thank you for caring about what's going on in my life. To those who have mentored me, pushed me to follow after the Lord and to be myself, and encouraged me in my walk with Christ, I appreciate all that you are. You give me accountability, stability, strength, joy, and the love of Christ. Thank you for always believing in me.

To My Sisters (Of Alpha Omicron Pi)

Thank you for being by my side. Thank you for accepting me into this sisterhood like I have always been here, and for being encouragement and love whenever I have needed it. I know that whenever we are together, it is going to be a good time and that I can count on any one of you when I really need you. I hope you each see me as someone you can depend on or come to with anything, and that you see just how happy I am that each of you are in my life. I know it is for a reason and I love getting to experience this short time in my life in college with you guys, knowing that these friendships can go as far as we want them to after these four years are up. ALAM.

To My Guy Friends

If ever you were one who has encouraged me or shown interest in what is happening in my life, I thank you. Those of you who have challenged me and reminded me of what I am capable of helped keep me motivated, and picked me up when I was down, I thank you. To those who have had the "big brother" mentality when it comes to how you treat me, and have been protective and helped look out for me, I thank you. I hope you know your concern and compassion does not go unnoticed.

To My Heavenly Father

Thank You for revealing yourself to me, redeeming me, and giving me life and JOY through You. I know that You are my rock and my shield, and with You I can do all things. Thank you for being the greatest gift of love I will ever receive, for being faithful and trustworthy, and for being sovereign over all that has happened or will ever happen in my lifetime. Thank You for coming into my life and changing everything, in the best way. I love you and put my life in your hands.

Happy Valentine's to all!