An Open Letter To My Graduating Senior Friends

Please don't leave me.

1822
Wooster

To my graduating senior friends,

Wow. You did it! I mean, I always knew you would. And I always knew that this day was coming, but now that it's here, I don't think I'm ready. You're the class that welcomed me to this campus, showed me the ways, and gave me advice. The class that I have constantly looked up to. The class that I wanted to make the most proud. Some of you were the reason I even came to this school, but more importantly are the reason I've stayed.

Campus won't be the same without you, but I'm glad I had three years with you. Thanks for showing me how to make the dining hall tolerable (because it will never be fully adequate), how to make the social life bearable, telling me what classes to take, helping me with the harder ones, and constantly supporting me. Thanks for being the leaders of all the student groups, for teaching me how to balance my time, and also for telling me that it's okay to relax.

Thank you for the memories. For the moments when I could not stop laughing because of a joke you made. For singing along to throwbacks with me. For teaching me that theme parties are sometimes the best thing ever. For introducing me to new levels of sarcasm. For attempting to show me different ways to do makeup. For not judging me (at least not too much). For encouraging me to go abroad. For the support when classes just became too hard. But most importantly, thank you for letting me be unapologetically myself.

I'm so proud of all you guys have accomplished. You have given so much of yourself to your work at this school, your friendships, and your success. You've completed your senior independent study project, defended your thesis, and now you've walked across that stage and received your diploma. Take a minute to stop and be proud of all you've done, you've earned it!

Please visit often, share stories of your real-world accomplishments, and continue to pass on advice. I hope you all know that you were an inspiration to so many and your presence on campus will be profoundly missed.

Good luck in the real world, you're going to kill it!

Love,

An inspired rising senior