An Open Letter From The Girl That Doesn't Give Up Easily

For the girl that has a hard time letting go and the guy that's about to be given up on

1249

An open letter from the girl that doesn’t give up easily

I know what it’s like to want something or someone so bad it hurts, I get it. I want just what everyone else wants out of life, to be happy. It's the ultimate high. He is the ultimate high. Before him, I didn’t hold anything back and fell whole-heartedly.

I told myself after those guys that I was going to put a wall up around my heart and I did. The next guy, I promised myself, would be different. Now I can’t help but laugh because I didn’t want him originally, which made him different right from the start. I made the first move, but not for that reason. Before I knew it, he somehow snuck behind that wall I had set up. I wish I could sit here and explain how he did that, but I honestly don’t know. I’m a strong believer that everyone who has come into my life had a purpose for being there. Even if I didn’t and still don’t know what that purpose is today. For that sole reason, I don’t give up easily.

I generally don’t give up on people regardless of if it’s a relationship that I have with a friend or someone I’m interested in. It’s just not in my nature. I’m the type of girl that is undeniably determined when it comes to anything and everything. I don’t give up and don’t take no for an answer until I know everything there is to know about the situation. Even then, I still have difficulty giving up. In addition, I’m also a very stubborn human being. However, despite being stubborn, I’m probably the most chill girl around. I get along with everyone I cross paths with and avoid drama at all cost.

For this reason, I struggle with the fact of not having an exact answer to where a relationship, official or not, is going. It drives me crazy, but it's the good kind of crazy that girls like me strive for. It’s rare, because us kind of girls hold our selves together better than most.

For all you girls out there like me, I’m here to tell you that it’s okay to let go. It isn’t your fault that these guys can’t make up their minds. Quit asking yourself what if? What if he is interested in me? What if he’s about to man up and have an actual conversation about how he feels? What if giving up on him is a mistake? I promise you the only mistake you are making by asking yourself all these questions is that of wasting your time. It isn’t okay for you to sit around and wait for the answer to these questions, especially when there is no guarantee that you will actually receive an answer to any of them.

I struggle with when is the right time to give up. The truth is, there is never a good time to give up on someone. No one wants to quit something they have invested time and feelings into. I’d be lying if I said it didn’t suck, because in reality, it actually really sucks. It will get better though.

To the guys that are reading this thinking that this may actually be them that is being given up on, understand one thing. Understand that this, under no circumstance, isn't easy for us girls, but we aren’t going to sit around forever. If you can’t be honest with us and tell us where you see a relationship going, or if there even is potential for a relationship, then we have no choice but to give up. We may have wanted you and we might even still do. I hope you take into consideration that these girls, like myself, don’t come around often. I hope whatever was holding you back from letting yourself catch feelings for this girl will eventually go away and allow you to give one hundred percent to the next girl that comes around. I also hope that girl’s intentions with you are as pure as she says they are and that she will be as loyal to you as girls like me would have been. Most importantly I hope your happy, because just as us girls deserve to be happy, so do you.

Everyone involved with the girl that doesn’t give up easily will end up happy. For the girls, remember to know when enough is enough, or else you could miss out on a really great guy while wasting your time on another guy. As for the guys, don’t be blind and open your eyes and heart to the girl that is right in front of you before it’s too late. Give up on the person that isn’t fighting for you and start searching for the guy that puts in the same amount, if not more, effort than you.