To The Friend Who Left Me When I Needed Her The Most

I needed you and you just walked away like I meant nothing to you.

699

I want to begin this letter by saying: I miss you.

I miss the fun times we used to share and all the time we spent together. We did everything together and then one day you disappeared out of my life...

To this day, I'm still not sure what happened, all I know is one day we were besties planning out all the fun adventures we would go on together, and the next day you would not even speak to me. The last day we truly talked was on my birthday... the day before OUR sweet sixteen party. That day everything seemed to change.

I think we could both feel a sense of distance that day. We were having a party together while at the same time we were so far apart. To this day, I am still unsure as to what I did or what happened that day. Whatever it was, we didn't have room in our hearts to forgive each other...

I had recently gone through a bad breakup and you were the only person I had to help me get through it. You were the one I told everything to, and the one I relied on to help me stay on my feet... You helped for awhile... and then when you disappeared I dealt with it on my own. I couldn't understand back then because we were supposed to be best friends, but you left me when I needed your help the most. Instead of losing one person I lost two. I lost a guy who I thought was important and I lost the girl that knew me better than anyone.

When I lost you, I struggled. I remember trying so hard to get you to come back and to get you to forgive me for whatever I had done, but after trying and trying I realized that I was fighting to keep something that was already gone. It was hard to loose someone I was so close, harder at the time then it was to loose a boyfriend, but time eventually heals everything.

It has been awhile sense then and a lot has changed now. Every once in a while I pass by you and it's like I know you but at the same time you are a stranger to me. Thinking of you can bring a million memories to my head, but they are just memories now. A simple figment of the past.

I also want to say that if I ever did anything to hurt you, I am truly sorry and I hope that you forgive me eventually. I also want you to know that I forgive you for every mean thing you ever said to me or about me. I understand how when there's controversy between two people others like to involve themselves. Words get thrown around without much thought, but there is no reason to continue to hold a grudge.

Lastly, I wanna say thanks for the time that we were friends. I enjoyed it, though I'm sad it eventually had to end. I will keep the secrets you once told me and I hope you will hold on to mine as well. I also want to thank you for teaching me an important life lesson...

That a lot of people do leave in the end, and sometimes it's for the best. I learned that I have to rely on myself before I rely on others.

I hope you have a happy life and I hope you continue to chase the dreams that we used to talk about.

Goodbye Old Friend!