An Open Letter To Anyone Feeling Worthless

You need to know what you deserve.

50666
We Heart It

I wish you could only count the amount of people who hurt you on one hand, but that is not the case. How many people have betrayed you and left you feeling empty? It doesn’t matter if you can fill two hands with names or just a few fingers, because the weight and pain of this hurt can last for a very long time. After so many attempts at trying to give your best to others, they somehow always walk all over you.

It’s time to stop letting others determine your worth. It’s time to stop letting others walk all over you. It’s time to stop giving others the power to control your emotions.

You are worth more than gold. Your beauty shines brighter than all of the stars in the sky. Your heart deeper than the deepest ocean. Far within the corners of your mind, you know all of this is so true — you just need to accept it and live it.

I am here to tell you that the people who make you feel worthless are not worth a millisecond of your time. You know what is best for yourself, and sacrificing your happiness for the sake of someone else is not what is best for you. As much of a selfless person you are, you can no longer ignore the red flags when they show up in a relationship.

You are so incredibly worthy of giving and receiving the best love. Do not settle for less. You do not deserve less. After everything you have gone through — the mornings it was so hard to get out of bed and the nights you were paralyzed with self-doubt — you deserve to focus on yourself.

You and I both know how easy it is to get sucked right into the deep dark hole that is filled with self-doubt and self-loathing, but having climbed out of that hole myself, I can confidently say that falling into it is no longer daunting. I know my way out, and you will too.

Realizing your worth will not be a quick process but rather a very crucial journey. It took me years of being hurt and treated poorly to truly understand that all of those people who treated me poorly simply did not see my worth. But I am here. I am worthy, and I always have been. And so have you.

What most of us fail to realize is that even though people may not treat us right, we shouldn’t blame ourselves for their actions. They treated you poorly because they simply don’t know how to properly treat someone as amazing as you. You are not at fault for the sh*tty way someone treated you.

We all feel worthless at times, but this letter is a reminder to you that you are not alone. This letter is a reminder that YOU are so worthy of giving and receiving the best love. You can rise from the darkness that is self-doubt. Your beauty will shine through even the darkest nights. You deserve the absolute best.

Don’t ever settle.

xo