An Open Letter To My College Professor

An Open Letter To My College Professor

You’re more than my professor; you’re a mentor, an inspiration, and a friend.

3104
An Open Letter To My College Professor
WiseGEEK

Dear Professor,

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for all you’ve done. It goes beyond those lectures- whether it has been expressing your concerns about my lack of sleep, or just to check in to see how my life is going. It’s genuine too. You actually care about my well-being and help me to seek my highest potential.

You know when I could have done better and push me to do what I am capable of doing. Whenever I have doubts about my abilities, you have always reassured me that I can do it. You’re not just telling me to keep going, but you are encouraging and are constantly guiding me in the right direction when I am lost and confused about my future.

Thank you for always being honest and for all of the constructive criticism. It has assisted me to actualize my potential and allowed me to do things I never thought I would be able to do.

You believe in me when I don’t believe in myself.

I appreciate the opportunities I’ve been able to have; opportunities I wouldn’t have been able to experience anywhere else. Because of you, I’ve tried different activities and opened my eyes to a variety of possibilities.

I would also like to express my sincerest apologies for all of the times I have showed up late to class. You’ve been gracious and understanding that some people can’t get up in the mornings and that I am one of those people.

Thank you for being patient and explaining the minor details that I probably would have known if I looked at the syllabus again.

Whenever I don’t understand something, you willingly explain it 10 more times for me so that I do understand.

I appreciate you answering my emails at all hours of the day and night; mostly night, because I never sleep. You help me cope with my stress, anxiety, and worries.

Your time and dedication are appreciated.

You set a good example and are one of my biggest mentors. I don’t think you realize the impact you have had on not only my college experience but my life.

You’re the reason I will reach my career aspirations. Your wisdom and advice outside of the classroom are exemplary.

Someday when I am successful just keep in mind that I will look back and remember how blessed I was to have such an influential professor.

I know I don’t say it often, but thank you for all you do.

I’ve become who I am, because of you.