An Open Letter Celebrating Our Three Year Anniversary

I love you more than you'll ever know
350

Tommy,

I can't believe I can say that I have been dating my best friend for three years now. Everyone always says this, but it feels like I have known you forever and that we have been dating for longer than three years. You know everything about me, we do everything together, you've seen me at my best and at my worst and I can truly say that you are my best friend. I'm so lucky to say that.

Before I dated you, I was in a long-term relationship with someone else. I thought everything about that relationship was so perfect until we started dating. Tommy, you have taught me so many things about love and even life in general that I never learned with anyone else before. It's as if any past relationships have led up to this one. The best one I can ever ask for.

You've taught me so many things. You've taught me the true meaning of love. What it feels like to be loved and how to love someone unconditionally. But you've also taught me some of life's most valuable lessons. You live your life to the fullest without caring about what other people think about you.

But you also stand up for what you believe in and are willing to fight for what's right. You are always lending a helping hand and always trying to help the common good. Your personality is one of the best I've ever seen and I try to follow in your footsteps. Not only are you an amazing boyfriend, but also an overall great human for our society.

Our relationship is unique in that even though we go to different colleges in different states, we are so close. Distance doesn't really affect us like it does to others. We've beat any statistics saying that long distance relationships don't last. And I am proud to say that.

These past three years truly have been some of the best years of my life. And I truly mean that. Despite the physical distance, you always make an effort to come out to all my shows and sorority events. We talk everyday and never get bored. You've even helped me with girl drama and have even gotten involved to stop the problem. You're so good to me and I don't deserve it. But boy am I lucky and blessed. So happy three year anniversary. I love you more than you'll ever know.