An Open Letter to my Best Friend

An Open Letter to my Best Friend

15
An Open Letter to my Best Friend
Tumblr

First off, I’d like to thank you for putting up with all my antics — I know I can be a lot to deal with, and I’m grateful that you’re sticking around. So here’s a whole stinking letter to tell you how much I absolutely love you:

Thanks for always making me look popular on social media. Whether I post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, I know you’ll have my back with a 'like' (and most likely a comment full of emojis telling me how great I am). The best part is, you don’t even get annoyed when I force you to go like it. I can expect you to be all over my social media like white on rice, but don’t worry... you know I’ll do the same for you.

We always seem to be in the same mood. If I want to lie around while watching movies and eating junk food, you seem to always accompany me. If I want to go to the beach to get away and listen to the waves crash on the ocean floor, you sit there in silence with me. If I want to jam in the living room and shamelessly dance, I know you will be shaking your ass right next to me. I like being silly with you, but I also like how we can flip the switch when necessary. Which leads me to my next point:

Thank you for sitting with me for countless hours watching me cry over someone who broke my heart, and for watching me go back to him countless times without ever telling me your true opinion. You let me follow my heart, even if you don’t agree with me, because you truly value my happiness above all. With that being said, thank you for the times you tell me the harsh truth. You tell me things I can’t realize on my own, and the things I’m trying to avoid. Let's be real: if anyone knows what’s best for me, it’s you.

Mostly though, thank you for being there. When I am having a bad day, I can count on you to listen to me rant for hours. To keep me company when I know you don't want to. And to pour me a glass of wine, or three, if we're being honest. I can always count on you to put me in a better mood. You seem to know exactly how to make me laugh hysterically. You know and pay attention to me: how I’m feeling, what I hate, whom I love, and what I’m interested in. You seem to always give me the best advice and the best perspective on my life.

I love you so much for being in my life. I love you for accepting me for who I am. I love you for never judging me. I love you for always pushing me to be the best version of me. I love you for supporting me always, and most importantly, I love you for being you. Please don’t ever leave me. Seriously.