An Open Letter to Anti-Trump Americans

An Open Letter to Anti-Trump Americans

As a fellow Hillary voter, I am disheartened.

27
An Open Letter to Anti-Trump Americans
Funny Junk

Hi, I'm Coby Bartolucci - a white, middle-class, Christian, Republican college student who voted for Hillary Clinton. I understand that you are unhappy with the fact that Donald Trump is now our president. I am with you on that front, I would rather not him be our president. However, I do understand something: he is our president.

Last Friday was inauguration day, which brought about violent riots in the streets. I am unsure who decided that it was a good idea to break windows, smash cars, and destroy innocent people's property, but I would disagree with that decision. Honestly, the more that people who are "anti-Trump" react so outlandishly, the closer I move toward the side of the Trump supporters; the ones who drive around in heavy duty pickup trucks with Trump's name on the side. There is nothing wrong with a protest, but all that acting like this says to me is that you have a lot of hatred in you. All that it says to the people of America is that people like you should never be the ones to run this country. You don't want that kind of publicity, trust me. The more that you react violently, immaturely, or simply out of anger and without much consideration, the more likely that America will begin to like this administration. Do you not believe me? Look at president Obama right now, for example. People are more in love with him now than when he was elected in 2008. Why? Because the Trump supporters who acted like fools made America realize that they liked what they had before way more than what we have now. So if you continue this action, it will only make Trump's side look more appealing.

On Saturday, many of you who are anti-Trump women marched in D.C. My favorite YouTube star, Casey Neistat, was in D.C. for the weekend, and interviewed a few people. One of you got to talk to him, and expressed that your biggest fear in the coming presidency is for women's rights. Let me ask you, what do you think Trump will do to women? The only good example that I can come up with is abortion, and the right to choose in that sense. I understand that this is important to you. However, otherwise, President Trump has no intention of taking away the rights that you have. Never once have I heard him say that he wants to demean or devalue women during his presidency. In fact, he has shown in his career that he is willing to work with women and equip them with power and influence. I understand that certain things he has said (recognize the past tense) have suggested that he was just like another guy from the bar trying to hook up with women. Then again, those are now in the past. He will not take anything from you. I agree that he isn't the ideal man to be representing our country as president. But if a ton of women shouted hate at me for months, my human nature would not allow me to have much sympathy for them, even if I had messed up in the past.

At some point, we all need to move forward and accept that we should try to help him do a great job. Making your voice heard is great and very important. But spreading hate is never good, especially when it's affecting those who are not involved. Click this link to watch Casey's video:

He shows a lot of the rioting, and also interviews a black woman who is his Uber driver. She has a surprisingly awesome attitude about the coming presidency. She's an example of the attitude we should all have.

To all of you, consider this: if Hillary was elected, and trump supporters reacted similarly, what would you think of them? How would you view their side of things if you were where they are now? You condemned them for their behavior during the campaign process, yet have exhibited similarly silly behavior in the face of adversity. Be strong and move forward with the country. If you're staying in America, it will end up where it is headed no matter how much you hate it. Don't hate. Work to fix.