To The Ones Losing Hope in Love, Hold On

Love isn't supposed to hurt.

153
PIxabay

Every single one of us has heard the quote from Bob Marley. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you; you just have to find the ones worth suffering for.” Sorry, but I call bullshit.

Love isn’t supposed to hurt. Love doesn’t keep you awake at night wondering if you are good enough. Love doesn’t make you lose hope. If you are losing hope, then hold on because love is not the pain you are used to.

Love feels like home, and everyone has a home. You just might not have found it yet. Or if you had and lost, then don’t worry it will come back.

I do not believe in soulmates or people “made” for each other. Instead, I believe in loyalty, chance, and teamwork. Chance will allow who is or isn’t in your life, but loyalty and teamwork determine who stays and who goes.

Why would you let go of the chance of love? Of happiness? I understand why because I almost lost hope. I do not have an unbelievable love story to tell. All I have is me: a college girl that refuses to lose hope in lifelong happiness because I have yet to found the person I want to marry.

I beg you to hold on. You don’t have to go out looking for it. You don’t have to date. Just keep your heart as open as your mind.

Enjoy life as a young person. Enjoy life as a free soul. Enjoy life as a single pringle. Enjoy life as you are, with hope in your heart, until you find the painless love you deserve.