No Means No And Don't Ask Me Again

No Means No And Don't Ask Me Again

Thank you for calling me a whore.

26
Bing

Thank you. It's funny how just a couple of months ago I wouldn't have been able to even take a glance in your direction without feeling the aggravation toward you begin to boil under my skin and irrational anger wipe out any misconceived idea that I may have just moved past our falling out.

It started because I didn't reciprocate the same feelings for you. When I looked at you, I saw a friend, a brother I never had. And yet, regardless of how many times I explained that feelings are not created, they have to form on their own; I was still the bad guy, putting you in a non-existent friend zone.

That night, our fight started over me saying no to performing the sexual act you "asked for." As if my body was solely created for the purpose of pleasing you. As if because you asked "nicely" I was obligated to abide by you.

Then you're kind worded request turned into venom when you realized I said no.

"You're going to end up alone kid,… miserable and alone if you keep this up."

"You're just the girl people go to for a Friday night not a Saturday morning."

"You're just a little used up whore that everyone goes to, to get one off."

Now, with a year of college behind me, I can actually say I am grateful you turned so sour towards me after not getting your way. You've made me realize something needs to change. Personally, I feel sympathy towards you. You were raised in a society that told you that was okay. You were taught that a man is privileged in all regards, including a woman's body. That when asked, the only emotion a woman should feel is honored because a man wants her and she should do anything to make him happy.

You've taught me that my future son will be raised to respect a woman's body. That he is not God, and he does not have rights to how or what she does with it. My future daughter will be taught that she has the right to turn down any man who she feels does not deserve her. That she is in control of her body and no one else.

You taught me that a woman's body is her power and that these issues are still here in our everyday lives not just a page in the history books. You made me realize that women are still fighting a battle and I'm joining the war.

So thank you.