One Nation. Under God. Or Not?

One Nation. Under God. Or Not?

If your trust is in God, there is no need for fear.

9
One Nation. Under God. Or Not?
Flickr

A vote won’t change.

An Election won’t change.

A President won’t change.

Anger, Fear, Arguing won’t change.

The hearts of this Nation.

Only God can do that.

Only Love can do that.

Let me tell you -- if you believe in God, if you are a Christian and after this election, you are saying you are fearful, you are fearful for the people of this country, you need to do a trust check and see who you are really trusting in. If you think a president will determine the destiny of this nation, of our lives, you are dead wrong. I couldn’t be more serious about that. Sure, an elected president will affect your life here on earth, but if that scares you, your faith in God is too small.

I have gone back and forth about this election for so long. At first, I wasn’t going to vote at all. I didn’t like either candidate based on their action toward each other in debate and all the allegations piled up against both of them. I was fed up and angered by the options. But a few weeks ago a church sermon gave me a change of heart and opened my eyes to realize my vote does count. But it only counts a little bit what really counts is whether or not I’m voting for God. I learned to see past the political circus that was performed before our eyes on a daily basis through media and decided to educate myself. My pastor preached briefly on what was happening politically and he said as Christians it is our duty to vote based on biblical principles. Our country does not fall to the judgment of a supreme court or a President our country is under God’s judgment and at the moment we are failing miserably.

So I did, I cast my vote to the opponent who’s views and stances on issues aligned with the Word of God which are also my views and beliefs. To be blunt, yes, I am a Christian, a 23 year old, educated, white, female who voted for Donald Trump. Not that I need to explain my reasons, but to avoid being labeled as a racist and a sexist I would like to state that I am neither of the two. I will say I am not proud of the way Trump ran his campaign or his way of speaking, or things he said. But it comes down to so much more than the surface level remarks that people get so caught up on. Personally, after researching the issues I felt that Donald Trump’s views aligned most closely to my core values and what aligned with my beliefs as a Christian. It’s really that simple. If you know me you will understand that I am a very open minded, loving person. I hold nothing against others for different beliefs and my own beliefs do not change how I see or view others. I simply voted according to my own beliefs and I have every right to do so without being wrongfully labeled. As do you. Anyway, I will step down off of that soapbox and back to my initial point.

I have seen so many negative posts towards each other the day after the election. I just want to say to all of us as citizens of America I am appalled. I am disgusted and heartbroken at the separation this election has caused. The constant belittling of each other because of our diverse opinions, views, and beliefs, our negative response toward each other is what will tear us apart. Not who we elect as President. Where is the grace, openness, understanding, respect, integrity and acceptance? The worst part, no matter who won America would have reacted the same way. All in hate.

Why? Why are we relying so much on one person to hold the destiny of American when for one, God is the king and is ultimately in charge of the fate of this country and two, we as a people of this nation have more power to change and improve our country than whoever sits in that oval office does. An election, one person, is not going to change the hearts of this nation, and that is the change we need to see.

That is the fix we need. We are so quick to blame the deterioration of this nation on elected officials and the government, or votes when in all reality that pointed finger needs to be directed right back at each and every one of us. The people who fail daily to uphold what this great nation once stood for. We are so focused on being in this world that we forget that we are not to be of this world. We forget and want to block out that this nation was first founded under God. One of our great statements was and is still, “In God We Trust.” But do we, as a nation? What are we trusting in now, Presidential Candidates, the government? This world is sin and our nation is falling to it fast and heaven forbid we take a first look at ourselves as the problem.

My next point is to just say that, it happened; yes Donald Trump is our next President. It happened, accept it, win or lose graciously, and move on. You want change? Focus on what you can do in your own life to make that change happen. The arguments and constant conflicts are pointless now and harsh words thrown at each other will not change a thing.

PICK YOURSELF UP AND MOVE ON WITH LIFE. It is not the end of the world, you will survive. Secondly, enough with being fearful. We are not called to live in fear, but we are called for so much more. God has said every day of the year (365 times in the Bible) do not fear. If your trust is where it is supposed to be you have nothing to fear. God is in control and as long as we do not abandon him his hand will not leave this Nation. Trust that our new President is in good hands and will be guided to make the best decisions for the sake of this country. You want to make a difference, get on your knees and start praying.

Get off social media, quit bickering and pray. Secondly, learn to LOVE. I cannot express how deeply hurt I am to see all the hatred going on towards each other. For such a need for equality and acceptance, we don’t offer it very willingly when it comes to all differences. Walk in love, walk in peace, walk in understanding and acceptance that people are allowed to have different beliefs, but that should affect how you see them or treat them as a fellow American.