On the First Day of Christmas...

On the First Day of Christmas...

Celebrating our favorite things about our favorite holiday

43
On the First Day of Christmas...
Craft Hub

It's the most wonderful time of the year. Families travel from near and far to gather at the dinner table and create Christmas memories. It's a time where we become selfless and think of others. Even if it is negative degrees out and our lips are cracked from the cold, we still will alway remember our Christmas as the best time of the year. So here are my top 12 reasons on why it's just so darn amazing!

1. On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Christmas Cookies: Not just any cookie - Christmas cookies, and they are much more magical than your average chocolate chip. Perhaps your family tradition is for them to have a sprinkle of festive green and red sparkles. Or maybe you go with a cookie whiteout and opt for a vanilla extract snowball cookie. Whatever the case, christmas cookies are sure to warm our tummies and leave our house smelling heavenly.

2. On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Gingerbread Houses: Actually, gingerbread anything is pretty great. Before the holidays approach it seems a little odd to have anything gingerbread scented/flavored. However, once the month of December approaches, you bet your booty that my house will be a giant gingerbread house.

3. On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Hot Cocoa: I just love saying that, hot cocoa. To me it is like the cutest word ever. What better time to sip on a hot chocolate than Christmas time? Don't forget the marshmallows on top!

4. On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Starbucks Christmas Cups: I genuinely look forward to Starbucks' festive cups every year. Even if it is just the plain red one like last years. Maybe it is the fact that they only come around every year that makes them so fascinating to me. Either way, they help make up one of the many great things about Christmas.

5. On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Christmas Carols/Music: You can bet a lot of money that "Deck the Halls" and "Jingle Bell Rock" are blasting as I twirl around decorating my tree. I mean, it is practically an unsaid tradition at this point. Not to mention the fact that I go for car rides and blast "All I Want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey and scream the lyrics out of the car window to random street walkers. That would never be acceptable any other time of year. However, during Christmas people smile and wave back and don't look at me like I have five heads. It is fantastic.

6. On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Christmas Movies: "The Santa Clause", "Love Actually", "Elf", "Home Alone" and "Jingle All the Way" are just some of the classics that flood our cable stations. '25 days of Christmas' on Freeform (insert sad face because it is no longer ABC family) is always a must-watch. No matter how many times I see these movies, they still manage to bring the holiday spirit.

7. On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Stockings: If you were good all year, stockings are the best thing ever. Filled with candy, hair ties, nail polish, socks, jewelry and other magical things, stockings never fail to put a smile on my face. Unless you happen to get a stocking with coal, then obviously you weren't on your best behavior all year (smh).

8. On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Relaxation: Finals are usually over a week before Christmas and we finally have a week to relax and turn up the holiday spirit. Christmas is the perfect time to kick off your shoes, put on your fuzzy Christmas socks and cozy up by the fireplace while watching holiday movie marathons.

9. On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

The City: What better place to go during the holidays then the city? Manhattan is perfect for getting into the holiday spirit. Whether it is seeing a Christmas spectacular or going to see the famous Rockefeller Christmas Tree, the city will never disappoint. It is definitely something I look forward to every year.

10. On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

A Figure Eight: Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without iceskating! Even if you fall on your butt every time, it's something about the crisp air and fresh ice that brings the holiday cheer. So grab a pair of gloves and hit the ice this season!

11. On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Decorations: Snow globes, villages, gingerbread houses, sparkly lights, candy canes, and Christmas trees. Spending time decorating with our families is the perfect way to spend the holidays. And nothing is more rewarding and magical than seeing all your hard work come together and light up the neighborhood.

12. On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Time with Family and our Faith: My favorite part of Christmas is that I get to spend time with family... even if they can be dysfunctional at times. Family is priceless. At the end of the day, Christmas is about uniting families and celebrating the birth of Jesus. It is a time where everyone spreads happiness and is selfless.

Make the most of Christmas this year. Cherish every moment you have with loved ones. Christmas is a time for giving and rejoicing. So have a Merry Christmas this year and enjoy all your favorite things! Oh, and a happy new year too!