On Antidepressants

Since returning from spring break, I have found myself genuinely struggling to find the motivation to get my schoolwork done. I have a theory as to what is causing it, as I don't think that it's as simple as just dealing with recouping from break since I've never had this problem quite this badly before, so I thought I'd work through it here.

What I suspect is behind my problem is the fact that I started taking an antidepressant a few weeks ago, right before spring break. I've noticed a few other side effects since starting my medication, so I have a pretty strong feeling that this is also due to that. The worst part about it is that I've been struggling to keep up with my work this semester anyway thanks to how bad my depression and anxiety have gotten over the last few months, so this utter lack of motivation is only making things worse for me.

If the new medication isn't what's to blame for my current predicament, I genuinely don't know what is. I've struggled with feeling motivated before, but definitely never as badly as I have over the last week or so. I'm genuinely worried that what's going on will negatively affect my grades and, therefore, my GPA, so I'm trying to force myself to work through it, but the more I do that, the more difficult it becomes to actually accomplish anything.

The worst part about all of this is that the antidepressant is being used to combat both my depression and my anxiety, but all of this stress over schoolwork is creating new anxiety, so it seems like a neverending cycle. It's all making my life extraordinarily stressful, which sucks because I have so many good things going for me right now. All of this is making me exhausted and stressed out even when I should be enjoying myself, so here's hoping that I get some things figured out soon.