On 2/24 We Remember Kobe And Gianna Bryant

Today is 2/24 and today we remember. Today we remember Kobe and Gianna Bryant. Today we remember the two beautiful souls that were taken from us far too early.

Today we remember the basketball player Kobe was. We remember the games, the shots, the mamba mentality, the legacy, but we also remember who he was outside of basketball. We remember him as a father. We remember him as an unselfish human being that wanted to make the world around him better. Today we remember what he stood for and everything he has taught us in his short 41 years on this earth.

Today we remember Gianna. We remember the basketball player she was and we dream about the basketball player she was destined to be. We remember that she was just a kid with her whole life ahead of her. We remember how we never even got to know her, but yet we know she was incredible.

Today we remember both of them sitting court-side. We remember Kobe teaching Gianna his ways and somehow we find comfort in the fact that they left this world together because God knew they couldn't do this world without each other.

Today is just another reminder to not take a second on this earth for granted. Even the people that seem invincible aren't. Kobe and Gianna left us with one final memory and that is to treat each day like it's your last. Tell the people you love that you love them. Take risks. Follow your dreams because it can all be taken away from you in the blink of an eye.

We will never be able to forget Kobe and Gianna and we will never be able to forget all that they taught us. So today we remember. For the rest of our lives, we will remember 2/24.