Older Men Are Sexy

Older Men Are Sexy

I date older men for three reasons: confidence, stability and respect.

2038
Older Men Are Sexy
Page Six

If you're a girl like me, then you're mostly attracted to older men. No, I'm not talking about men that receive their social security check or get senior citizen discounts at all-you-can-eat buffets. I'm talking about middle-aged men that are in their late 30s to mid-40s. I've been attracted to older men since I can remember.

I was 7 years old when I saw my first "Touch of Grey" hair dye for men. The man on the box had sharp facial features, salt and pepper hair and hypnotizing blue eyes that pierced my soul when I gazed into them. I'll never forget that moment, and ever since then, I've been looking for that “touch of gray” in my life. Older men are just more physically attractive, in my opinion. I love the crow's feet they have on the ends of their eyes when they smile or laugh. I love the salt and pepper hair, and when they hold me, I actually feel like I’m with a man.

SEE ALSO: 13 Perks Of Dating An Older Guy

Being attracted to older men has been a struggle for me because my friends think I'm "gross" when I comment about an older man being good-looking. They'll say, "Ew, he's my dad's age." Of course, my family isn't supportive because they want me to be with someone that I can have a future with – a future that involves getting married or having kids. Most older men are past those milestones in their life, or they've been there, done that. They want just want to have "fun".

The main reasons as to why I am attracted to older men are very simple.

To start with, they know what they want. They're not going to text you a vague message, and then you have to call up your best friends to have your very own version of "Criminal Minds" to figure out what he meant by: "Hey, you going out tonight?" No, an older and more experienced man would say: "Hey, would you like to grab a drink with me tonight?" They are straight to the point, and they don't play mind games with you. When they ask you, “What do you want to eat?” – well, everyone on earth knows this is the most difficult question you can ask a woman beside asking how much she weighs. In my experience with older men, they make a suggestion, and if you still can’t decide, they take charge and tell you where you two are going to eat. For me, a man that takes charge is sexy. And they don't take charge in a controlling way but in a way that has you feeling like a damsel in distress, as there he comes, riding up on his white steed and saves you from the tower that you've been locked away in for years.

Another reason why I find older men attractive is because most of them are financially well-off. OK, here is when people start to call me a "gold digger," but it's not that I'm a gold digger. It's the fact that when he takes me out on a date, my choices aren’t between Chick-fil-A or Steak n' Shake. No, I'm not looking to dine at 5-star-restaurants every night, but when you're with a man who's financially stable, you get to enjoy each other more by having new adventures together and by enjoying the finer things in life. I know I shouldn't be with someone just because they have a lot of money, and I'm not saying that I do that. What I'm saying – as an independent woman that goes to school and works really hard – is that it's nice to not worry about money while dating someone because being in a relationship is very expensive, and I'm sorry that I don't want to be cooped up in the house because we're both broke and have already looked up and done those Pinterest “101 free date ideas for couples". That stuff is cute to do when you're in middle school and high school, not when you’re in your 20s.

Lastly, older men were raised in a generation where men open up doors for women, pay for dates and if they want to talk to you, they don't hide behind a phone screen and text you – they pick up their phone and dial your number. See, it feels like the millennial generation is slowly losing the face-to-face communication skills we've had since the dawn of time. Sadly, like everything that has ever evolved, if an organism doesn't need a feature or skill, they will breed it out. Today we rely too much on social media and dating apps to communicate with people we want to date, and we use it as a security blanket because let's face it – if you get rejected by someone on the internet, then it's not that embarrassing. But to get rejected in person? Now that can do some damage to a person's ego.

You may think that I’m trying to justify being a “gold digger,” but I’m not. I’m truly attracted to middle-aged men. If you’re thinking, “That girl must have daddy issues,” – well, you’re correct.

Because I didn't have a steady father figure present during the majority of my life, I’m subconsciously looking for that father figure. As a young child, I went through things in life that made me mature and grow up faster than other kids my age. It’s hard for me to relate to guys my age because they’re still adolescents to me. I’ve gone through some life-changing events and probably experienced things they've never even dreamed about. For me, it’s just easier to have an intellectual conversation with an older man than it would be with a 20-something-year-old.

You’re probably thinking: “What do you even have in common with an older man?”

Well, believe it or not, I have more things to talk about with anyone who is older than me than I do with someone my own age because I’m an old soul. I love older music and movies, I watch the news, I have old-school morals and I just get along better with people who are older than me. Middle-aged men have already matured and are respectful. Older men have that instinct to nurture their partners, and that’s what I’m looking for. If you’re in the same boat as me, just know that you’re not alone, despite what people say, nothing is wrong with you. You’re a mature and independent woman that knows what she wants, so don’t let people intimidate you from being happy.

So, if there are any DILF's or sliver foxes reading this, and you’re single, hit me up!