Yes, It Is OK To Be Excited For Christmas Before Thanksgiving

It does not matter that it is only November.
130

We have come to the time of the year where it is close to Christmas but not quite there yet.

All that separates us from Christmas are school finals and another holiday. Do you remember what holiday is before Christmas? If you guessed Thanksgiving, you're right! Thanksgiving is coming up at the end of the month but if you look on social media, what do you see? Not Thanksgiving decorations, not Thanksgiving movie nights. Instead, you see everything Christmas!

There are people who start celebrating Christmas at the start of December, and there are people who start celebrating Christmas in November. There are also extreme people who start celebrating Christmas as soon as fall hits. All people are different, and it is okay for all of these types of people to be excited about something like Christmas no matter how early it is. Being excited for Christmas at the start of fall and in November, however, has received a lot of backlash. People are assuming that the "excited Christmas people" are just going to skip over Thanksgiving when in reality this is not the case.

Just because someone is more excited about Christmas does not mean that he or she is just going to skip over a major holiday. I don't see why people can't just let other people be excited about something without incorporating something negative. Who cares if it is only November? Some people like to decorate for Christmas for more than twenty-five days and that is okay! If you are not one of those people, then that is okay too!

In my opinion, decorating and being excited about Christmas, even though we are in November, should not be as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. There are people out there on social media getting way out of hand with this situation. There is name calling and just all sorts of negativity that is not necessary or needed.

A person who wants to wear Christmas sweaters, watch Christmas movies, and listen to Christmas music in November will not affect your life in any way, so making a big deal out of their tweet or Facebook status is meaningless. There is absolutely no need to even comment "You can't skip Thanksgiving!" or "Thanksgiving exists too!"

Yes, they know that. Everyone knows that you can't skip Thanksgiving and that Thanksgiving exists. Like I said, some people just really love Christmas and there is nothing wrong with that. We need to stop making people feel like there is. Thanksgiving is great. Christmas is great. Just focus on you and let other people focus on themselves. That way, everyone is happy. There is no negativity, there is no name calling, and everyone can be free to express themselves with no judgment.

Let's just live life how we want to, celebrate holidays how we want to, and not let every little subject get us "heated". People live their lives differently but the holiday season is a time for us to come together, not be torn apart from the over-excitement of a holiday. Remember: Thanksgiving is great. Christmas is great. Both holidays are great, so let people be excited about them!