Unpopular Opinion: It's OK To Be The Black Sheep
Life Stages

Standing out amongst others for moral reasons shouldn't be so taboo... you don't have to follow the flock.

376
https://unsplash.com/photos/FDkT3DpYBoI

Unpopular Opinion:

You don't need to party every weekend or increase your body count to enjoy college; "experience" shouldn't matter when your goal is to graduate.

I'm sure if I was making a speech, a collective gasp would be heard around the room.

Our culture has normalized the fluidity of sex, and opinions expressed against its candid nature are typically seen as conservative or uncommon. But honestly, that's just the way I feel.

I guess you can say I'm not like most girls my age. I don't party every weekend, I don't do drugs, I definitely don't sleep around, and I'm not a fan of getting so "f*cked up" that I black out. But I am aware that my 'don'ts' describe a good majority of my peers.

Popular misconception:

If you don't go to parties, you must be no fun.

Although I may be the black sheep among my peers, I know how to have fun and I don't need to be intoxicated to do so. No one truly needs any additives to know how to have a good time, but society has indoctrinated a contradicting narrative. My faith determines who I keep around me, as well as my life's choices. For people who don't have a personal relationship with God, that might be a hard concept to understand.

But I do know that there are many other guys and gals who feel the same way. And my message to those people would be:

Don't be afraid to be the black sheep.

media1.giphy.com

Walk against the grain of society and the norms of this world. The disparities between scripture and the advice that you read on Twitter are heavy.

Don't let your morals and self-worth take the backseat in life, but embrace the grace that makes you different and set apart.