Mike McCarthy fired as packers coach

The Impossible Has Finally Happened, Mike McCarthy Was Released As The Green Bay Packers' Head Coach

I personally appreciate everything you have done for this organization and wish you good luck in your future endeavors. But for now, all I can say is "Go Pack, Go."

69
mike mccarthy

After a disgusting game, and season, by the Green Bay Packers, the team has decided to let go of head coach Mike McCarthy. The Packers fell, from the then (2-9) Cardinals, in disgusting manners. There was horrible play-calling, poor throws, dropped passes, missed kicks and horrible defense. The whole season has been a disappointment after week 1. The Packers have gone (3-7-1) since making the Bears look stupid. Aaron Rodgers has looked a bit off, the terrible play calling was scarily apparent, and there was just a sad stigma surrounding this team the whole year. The Packers are now out of the playoffs and out of a head coach.

Much of the blame on this team has been on Mike McCarthy. He has been the Packers head coach for 12 years and has even brought us to a Super Bowl. He is riddled with successes and that probably has something to do with Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre. Regardless, he has been there for a very long time and it is sad to see him go as a fan. It was the right call to fire him because he was not what the team needed anymore, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't cherish the good times he has given us.

The main reason Mike McCarthy lost his job was that of his play-calling and player decisions. To start, Aaron Jones is a beast at running back. This has been known for over a year, yet it seems as though McCarthy didn't know that. He would only give Jones the ball about 8-10 times a game which doesn't show his capabilities. It made the team weak in the running game because we weren't utilizing our best running back.

McCarthy's play-calling was some of the worst I have ever seen as well. Take for instance the most recent game. It was a 3rd and 13 and Mike McCarthy called a fucking screen pass. Who the hell thinks to use a play that gives minimal gains on a play where we needed 13 yards. It was also seen in the god-awful playbook. The routes on the Packer wide receivers gives a disadvantage to Aaron Rodgers. There never seems to be a check down pass or a simple pass that might get Rodgers out of a rut. It seems as though the receivers would always go vertical and make Rodgers throw the ball away if there were no open receivers. This explains why Rodgers' completion percentage is extremely low for his caliber.

McCarthy just seemed reliant on sticking with the past and never changing with the game. He would never run the ball when we needed too, he would never put the correct players in to give us better chances of winning, and he would never illuminate negative energy near the end. Even after all of this negativity, it shouldn't take away from his legacy. He was a great coach for about a decade and lead our team to a bunch of successes. I am a sad Packers fan today because we lost a person we had for so long. But we must not dwell on the past, we should look into the future. We will get a new coach that will rejuvenate our team and lead us to another Super Bowl. Mike, I personally appreciate everything you have done for this organization and wish you good luck in your future endeavors. But for now, all I can say is "Go Pack Go".