If You Watched The Super Bowl And Aren't A Pats Fan... Sorry

Last Sunday the New England Patriots defeated the Los Angeles Rams, and Tom Brady cemented himself as the greatest football player of all time with his sixth Super Bowl win. And the game was... fine.

Don't get me wrong I was very entertained throughout the entire game. I'm partial to the Pats and to see their defense actually step up in the game and get some stops was actually refreshing. It was as if the season came full circle. If people weren't bad talking Brady throughout the season, they were talking about how much of a pushover the defense was. And for most of the season, it was. But the way they shut down one of the most explosive offenses in the league was beautiful to see.

But if you aren't a Patriots fan watching (because LA Rams fans don't exist) the game, then I can understand if you had a rough time with this one. The whole season was full of big plays and no-look passes, and by the time it came to the championship games the top four offenses in the playoffs were all going head to head against each other. It was set up to be an offensive onslaught to end the season and those expectations weren't even close to being met.

Patriots vs. Rams | Super Bowl LIII Game Highlights YouTube

In fact, if you weren't an NE supporter then the whole night must have been pretty rough for you. It wasn't a very one-sided defensive game, the commercials weren't very good and the halftime show was as bland as rice (more Spongebob would've helped).

So for all of the people who are up in arms about how dull the game was, I get it. I'm not here to yell and scream at you for it. We've all been there as sports fans, there always has to be an amazing finish to the season. We're greedy like that. To me, it doesn't matter how my teams win just as long as they do. For everyone else, it was a tough way to spend a Sunday.