One thing I miss from high school is that the counselors made all our schedules for us. All we had to do was choose between a ceramics and painting class, and the counselors would work their magic.
Now, however, with the beauty of freedom college hands to us, also comes the curse of organization and decision-making. Last semester, I was late to my registration time and lost a handful of my classes because I was out getting chicken nuggets.
It’s war out there.
1. When it’s spring semester and registration has already opened for the fall:
Didn’t I ~just~ pick out this semester’s classes? How am I supposed to plan that far ahead?
2. When you get the absolute worst registration time:
It has happened to me two times so far, so hey, third time's the charm!
3. When your WiFi is lagging:
Gotta love the campus wifi!
4. When the two classes you need are at the same time:
Is it just me, or does it seem like almost every class is either at 11 or 1?
5. When the only open class is at 8 a.m.:
Who’s ready for coffee, naps, and going to class in pajamas?
6. When the registration website keeps glitching:
For the price of university, you’d think they’d make a better website.
7. When it feels like everybody wants to take the same classes as you:
How is it possible that all my top choices are full?
8. When everybody is getting the classes they want, except you:
How can you possibly be so organized? My schedule is a constant mess.
9. When, after waiting all day, it’s finally time to enroll:
STRESS STRESS STRESS
10. When you click “Enroll” but your class is suddenly full:
Then you get wonderful spot #28 on the waiting list!
11. When you get a class you really wanted:
Maybe magic does exist.
12. When you pick random courses as placeholders until you figure your life out:
13. When everything gets overwhelming and your schedule is a complete mess:
This is the point where you close your laptop and say, “Screw it”.
14. When other people say they got all the classes they wanted:
Well, aren’t you lucky!
15. When you’re in one of those “Add/Drop/Swap” groups on Facebook and somebody offers up their spot in a class you want:
Unfortunately, this doesn’t happen often.
16. When one of the classes you thought would be great turns out to be terrible:
Just when you thought you had the perfect schedule…
17. When, in the end, everything kinda works itself out:
Until next semester!