Odyssey's Content Calendar: September 2020
Tips

Need some inspiration?

2874

Every month, Odyssey's Editorial Team will refresh this page with new content ideas for Creators to use for their next post. Want to have your content featured in a vertical or on one of Odyssey's social profiles? This is a great place to start.

As an Odyssey creator, you can follow the ideas and prompts in this calendar so you always have fresh, relevant, and engaging ideas to help you get started. Within each vertical's section, you will see 5 headline ideas that you can fill in based on your own points of view or personal identity and use it to kick-start your next post.

Click "Create Now" next to a prompt to start creating.

If you have questions, feel free to reach out to the editor of the vertical you're interested in.

Create Now I'm A First-Time Voter In [State], Here's What The Process Was Like

Create Now I Voted By Mail For The First Time In [State], Here's What You Need To Know

Create Now I Am [Identity Group] And I'm Voting In 2020 Because [Issue]

Create Now I Interviewed A Volunteer On [Candidate]'s Campaign And [Reaction]

Create Now Odyssey Template: 25 Questions For [Your School] School During A Pandemic
Template: Odyssey Template: 25 Questions For My School During A Pandemic

Create Now The Kit Every [Insert Major] Should Have Ready For This Semester
Example: The Mental Health Kit Every College Freshman Should Have Ready For Their First Semester

Create Now I'm A [Year In School] And I'm Actually Looking Forward To [Aspect of College] This Semester

Create Now X Things In My Childhood Closet That Make Me Regret Old Back To School Outfits

Create Now X Items I Wish Were Still Socially Acceptable In 2020 [bonus if you include pictures!]

Create Now I'm A [College's Name] Student And I [Support/Disagree] With Their Decision To [Cancel In-Person Classes/Return To Campus]

Create Now As A Student At [College] I Can Say That Virtual Classes Have Been X

Template: What Incoming Freshmen Can't Learn About Your School On A Zoom Call This Fall

Create Now I Talked To My [Relation] About His/Her [Condition] And [Reflection Of Conversation]

Example: I Talked To My Friend About Her Cystic Fibrosis And Wow, CF Patients Are WARRIORS

Create Now As Someone Who Struggles With [Condition], I Cannot Stand It When People Say [Phrase]

Create Now When I Hear 'Summer Body' I Hear [Phrase]

Create Now The [Health Trend] Is SO [Adjective] And It's [Not/Totally] Worth Your Time

Create Now The [Workout Routine] Was So [Adjective] And Made Me Feel [Emotion]

Create Now As Someone Recovering From An Eating Disorder, The Term 'Plus Size' Makes Me Feel [Emotion]

Create Now As A Borderline Plus-Size Woman, I See X Things Wrong With Hollywood's Role In The Body Positivity Movement

Create Now I Asked XX Girls What They Thought About The Term 'Plus Size' And [Reflection]

Template: How To Use Surveys And Polls To Improve Your Content

Create Now As A [Size], I [Love/Hate] How Hollywood Portrays [Concept/Body Type]

Create Now As Someone Who Struggles With [Mental Illness], I'm Using These X Tactics To Get Through 2020

Create Now X Latinx-Owned Restaurants To Try In [City, State]

Create Now The X Cocktail Is My Summer Go-To Drink — Here's My Recipe

Example: Amaretto Sour Is My Go-To Day Drinking Cocktail — Here's My Sweet Tooth Lover's Recipe

Create Now X Things I'm Most Excited About For Fall

Create Now What Hispanic Heritage Month Means To Me

Create Now X Reasons I Love X Latinx-Owned Brand

Create Now X Recipes You Should Try To Make This Hispanic Heritage Month

Create Now X Reasons I'm Proud Of My Hispanic Heritage

Create Now X Songs To Add To Your September Playlist To Get You In The Mood For All Things Fall
Template: Odyssey Template: 25 Songs To Add To Your [Month] Playlist To Get You In The Mood For [Season, Event]

Create Now X Halloween Costumes From The [Insert TV Show/Movie] Cast That Are PERFECT For 2020

Create Now If You Love Scary Movies, You NEED To Be Watching [Insert Movie Title] Before Halloween

Create Now X Movies You Should Be Watching This Fall If You Are A(n) [Insert Zodiac Sign]

Create Now X Predictions For The Next Season Of X If It Was Still Airing

Example: 10 Predictions For Netflix's 'Sweet Magnolias' Season 2, Because The Finale Left You Screaming 'WTF'

Create Now What It Feels Like Living In [Your State] Just X Months/Days Before Election Day 2020

Create Now I Almost Ended A Friendship Over [Topic Of Political Disagreement] — Until I Realized We're Stronger Together, Even When We Disagree

Create Now I'm A [Cultural Identity] And [I Don't Care OR It's Never OK] If You 'Appropriate' My Culture

Create Now X Political Realities [Identity You Have] Have To Live With In America That Nobody Else Understands

Create Now September Is National Disease Literacy Month — As Somebody With [Condition You Have], Here's What You Need To Know About Me

Create Now X Date Ideas Safe For Some Socially Distant Romance Near [College]

Create Now Date My Friend: [Descriptor of Friend]
Template: Create A Dating Profile For A Single Friend Worth *Swooning* Over

Create Now I'm From [Location] And The Way My Governor Has Handled Coronavirus Is [Opinion]

Create Now My University Is [Reopening/Doing Virtual Classes/Etc.] In The Fall And [I Feel This Way]

Create Now I Am A [College Student/Female/Etc.] And I Am Voting For [Candidate]

Create Now I'm A [Republican/Democrat/Independent/Etc.] And To Me Black Lives Matter Is [Statement]

Create Now X University Is Planning To Reopen Campus And That's Honestly X