How To Write TV Show Reviews

How To Binge-Watch A TV Show — And Then Write A Review About It

Writing your favorite and least favorite things about a show could not be more fun.

6895

Looking for a new show to binge? Stop scrolling through your options and listen.

Sometimes a good show doesn't come down to the genre or the actors involved, it comes down to the fact that it is simply a GOOD show. If any of these things sound appealing to you, you should definitely watch.

Review your show!

Whether it's a new show or an old show that you just cannot get enough of or you hate, someone out there is looking for a review on it!

Taking your thoughts and experiences from every season and episode and break it down into points that completely sold you on the show or that made you wish you stopped watching after season two.

The reviews look like this:

14 Things You Need To Know About 'Dead To Me' Before You Watch Season 2

or

5 Things You Need To Know About 'The Hate U Give' Before You Watch

How to:

For each point, provide a sentence or two in the body about what in this movie represents your point, and try to do so without spoilers!

Then, follow these steps:

1. COPY the text in between the begin and end template sections below
  2. PASTE it into a new post in Odyssey's CORE
  3. Fill it all in and add photos
  4. Submit under Community: Entertainment for a chance to be featured on Odyssey's Facebook and Instagram
  5. Don't have an account? CREATE ONE.

BEGIN TEMPLATE

COVER PHOTO:

Your cover photo should feature a screenshot from a scene from the show! Avoid posed press photos for the show and stock photos of a TV or someone watching TV.

HEADLINE:

You don't have much wiggle room here — X Things You Need To Know About 'X' Before You Watch

Example:

9 Things You Need To Know About 'Black Is King' Before You Watch

23 Things You Need To Know About 'New Girl' Before You Watch

Introduction:

Provide 3-4 sentences introducing the show you are discussing, state that you will not have any spoilers, and include context if you liked or disliked the show.

***be sure to manually number your lists points!

1. The character development for Jess Day was so realistic and relatable. 

The way she doesn't have her life together, then does, then doesn't, splash in a few breakups, etc. I mean, it couldn't get more relatable than this. Also, she's undeniably hilarious.

2. [Insert second reason why you loved/hated the show]

[Insert sentence or two describing this point in detail. *again, no spoilers!]

3. [Insert third reason why you loved/hated the show]

[Insert sentence or two describing this point in detail.]

4. [Insert fourth reason why you loved/hated the show]

5. [Insert fifth reason why you loved/hated the show]

Continue adding as many points/reasons you have!