An Obituary For My First Pair Of Birks, On Our Last Walk Together
Clothing

You've walked many a miles with me, you will be missed.

212

I honestly don't think I would be lying if I said that these shoes have brought more joy into my life than some people I have come across. Here is our story, you will be missed.

I bought these babies during my junior year spring break in Hawaii.

Here is our first picture together while on our first walk on the beach.

I knew here, that we were going to be together forever. From this point on, we did everything together. We went to downtown Cincy and took pictures with coffee in hand in front of colorful walls.

We went to Disney World and explored so many countries of the world at Epcot.

We found joy in the simple things, like my Nana and Papaws old farmhouse.

They were there for me when I needed a pair of shoes to throw on when we were on the boat.

They came to college with me, helped me to roll along properly, putting one foot in front of the other.

SEE ALSO:11 Reasons Why Birkenstocks Are The Greatest Shoe Ever

Overall, my birks kept me going throughout the summer and saved me from so many blisters from uncomfy flip flops. In their old age, I have painted them with dainty daisies to make sure they know that they will always hold a special place in my heart, rips, cracks, smell and all.