We all know this is currently one of the world's biggest debates:
Birkenstocks vs. Chacos.
We all know deep down the Birks are clearly superior, but just in case you don't believe so, here's a couple of reasons why:
1. They're the "OG"
These shoes have been around since 1774 so they are tried and true!
2. The versatile
Dressing up? Birks. Going casual? Birks. Walking around campus? Birks.
3. They're comfortable
They are made to mold to your specific feet, making them so comfy!
4. They're environmentally friendly
They are made with materials that do not harm the environment, how cool!
5. They can be found just about anywhere
Any department store, they're bound to have birks! Chaco's are a little harder to come by.
6. They're durable and last forever
These shoes could last a lifetime I swear.
7. They're classier
They tend to come in more neutral colors and just have a cleaner look so you can wear them with a dress, no problem!
8. They're commonly worn so you rarely get judge for wearing them
Chaco's are very controversial. While wearing them on campus you're bound to encounter judgmental stares and looks of disapproval.
9. You can wear socks with them- if you really wanted to
Hey no judgment here!
10. There's several different kinds and colors
They have recently come out with so many new colors and styles of birks and they're all so cute!
11. You can wear them with a dressy outfit
If you were seen wearing Chaco's with a nice dress, you would definitely encounter some judgment, but not with Birks!
12. Your tan lines will look slightly less ridiculous
We all know that people with Chaco's purposefully keep they're shoes on in hopes of getting that "Chaco" tan line. Why that's a thing? I'll never understand, but that's not something you have to worry about with Birks.