Dear Long Distance Lover

Dear Long Distance Lover

Thank you for making me a better person

665
Dear Long Distance Lover
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_B1V7SiRNM.jpeg

I always miss the little things about you. I miss holding your hand while you drive, and the way your smile forms. I miss going to the grocery store with you, and skipping down the parking lots (even though I pretend I hate it). I miss the way your eyes light up when you see me without makeup on, and the way you whisper you love me before you fall asleep. Little things most people take for granted, I miss every single day. I cry sometimes, but it is such a blessing to be loved by someone like you, near or far. I firmly believe you have made me a much better, loving person. You taught me how to stay motivated, and you have held my hand through my journey of loving myself, and becoming the woman I want to be. I am not perfect, I have bad days, but never once have you given up on me. You help me stay hopeful during our time apart, and I truly have become a more patient soul because of our circumstances. I do believe our love is special. To have the ability to stay happy and connected despite thousands of miles between us physically, is beyond anything I could have ever deemed possible. I didn't expect this, but I thank the universe everyday for what it has given me; true love. The respect we have for each other is something I have never experienced. We are patient with one another, and when we are together it's like the whole world stops for a minute. We are timeless, misunderstood, and absolutely extravagant. We have gone against all odds that society has given us, and we have proven that love truly has no boundaries. I used to say that us being apart was not fair, that we didn't deserve the situation we were in. But as I began growing as a person, I realize that life isn't meant to be fair; that would make it effortless. The effort we put into loving each other is what makes our bond so valuable, so different. And the situation we are in? It may be hard, but it certainly is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Knowing I can text you in the morning or hear your voice at night is what gets me through the day and wakes me up in the morning. Even though I can't touch you, I can feel you with me all the time, something I don't expect everybody to understand. You have found a way to affect me more than the people I cross paths with every single day. Along with that, you somehow make it seem graceful. I never thought I was going to fall in love. I felt too difficult, too complex for the common eye. But you somehow proved me wrong. Even states away, you became my best friend, as you treated me like I am the most wonderful thing you have seen. I had walls around me for years, but slowly you broke them down one by one, and allowed me to show my true self. I have unapologetically fallen in love with you, 1200 miles away.  Not everyone will understand, but they don't have to. We are a force to be reckoned with, whether we are together or not. Thank you for making me want to live, grow, and succeed. I could never thank your enough for all you have done, but writing about you is one way I can try.