Every year, the day after Halloween is probably my least favorite day. Not because all of the hype about Halloween is now done with, but it's the day that society thinks it's completely normal to start getting in the Christmas spirit. Um hello, all you cotton headed ninny muggins, we still have one major holiday to look forward to before Christmas! In case you forgot what holiday that is, it's Thanksgiving. This holiday deserves more love from our society and here's why:
1. No school or work.
Thanksgiving is the first break of the year when you finally don't have to go to work or school for a few days.
Before you leave for Thanksgiving break, get all your friends together to have a Friendsgiving. It's a fun way to see what everyone's favorite Thanksgiving dish is.
3. This great holiday gives you the chance to eat as much food as you want without shame.
4. If you're one of the lucky ones, you get to have more than one Thanksgiving.
5. After eating your weight in mashed potatoes and turkey, you get to nap.
Eat. Nap. Repeat.
6. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
What better way to start your day than with the famous parade kicking off at 9am Thanksgiving day!
7. You get to see family that you may have not seen in awhile.
Okay this could be good or bad. Just avoid the adults who are going to ask how school is going, if you're dating anyone and what you're doing after graduation.
8. Actually, Thanksgiving is usually filled with the three best F's. Family. Food. Football.
You really can't beat that.
9. You can use the break to catch up on the hunting time you've missed while at school.
Hunting is usually something passed down from generation to generation, so getting to spend time hunting with the person who taught you is something to be thankful for.
10. Thanksgiving also brings Black Friday.
Okay, so this day can get a little crazy if you brave it when the sales first start.. but come on! Some of those deals you just can't beat.