The Fire In The Notre Dame Cathedral Is A World Tragedy

This article is my opinion about the Notre Dame tragedy

37
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwXVs1UAXva/

Facts:

1. On Monday the city of Paris, France, was hit with a tragedy as one of the most famous Cathedrals in the world caught fire.

2. The cause of the fire is unknown, however, police do not believe this was an act of terror or arson.

3. As of today, roughly about a billion dollars have been donated to help rebuild this historical landmark.

4. Officials believe that the fire may have been an electrical problem.

Here are some pictures of the damage the fire caused to the Cathedral

CBS News

CBS News

The picture above stands out so much to me because despite all of the damage done to the cathedral, the cross at the head of the alter still remains standing.

CBS News

CBS News

What truly warms my heart about this devastating tragedy is that people all over the world have come together for the people of France and the Catholic community. As a Catholic girl, it is very sad to me to see such a beautiful historical landmark of my religion be demolished by this fire. It especially warms my heart to see places such as the World Trade Center Monument and Empire State Building in New York City shine the blue white and red flag colors of France in solidarity with the citizens of France and the Catholic community.

A Cathedral with over 800 years of history in it is now partially gone. The architecture of that building may never be restored as we do not have the same building materials and wood type that was present in the 13th century. It is truly a miracle that parts of the Cathedral are still standing such as the altar, the stained glass, and more. I hope that this building will be restored to its former glory so that another 800 years of history can continue to be made there.