Note To Self

Note To Self

A reminder in the midst of chaos and confusion.
77

Note to self:

Embrace each adventure with open arms. Treat everyday as the best one yet. Take advantage of what pops up in life, because you are so lucky to be out in the world experiencing what it has to offer. Say yes more, learn about what's out there. Ask questions, truly listen to what people have to say. You'll be surprised how much you can learn from others.

You will always come home. Eventually, you learn that home is not just a place, but a feeling. You can take it with you wherever you go, and be surprised when it shows up unexpectedly. It could be in your favorite seat at the coffee shop, the largest tree in the park, the quiet corner of the library, your best friends kitchen, in your favorite shirt. Find it everywhere, take it with you. Explore what there is to see while you have the ability to see it. You can always come home. Everything is going to be just fine.

Go and seize the day while there’s still time. Carpe the hell out of that Diem. Worry about the other things when the time comes to face them. Be responsible, but don’t forget to live. See shows, experience art, fall in love with the city. Be adventurous and find your true self, whoever that may be. Papers and deadlines are important, but not at the expense of the essence of you.

You are not meant to hold the weight of the world— leave that to Atlas. Allow yourself space to breathe and think, and evaluate what is worthy of your time and attention. We were born with just two hands for a reason. Use them wisely, use them kindly, and remember that juggling remains a circus act.

Note to self: Experience everything. Open your heart to what the world has to offer. Take care of you.