Why Not Your President Isn't Working
Politics

Why Not Your President Isn't Working

You owe it to yourself, your countrymen, and your country to respect Donald Trump

19
Why Not Your President Isn't Working
Unsplash

"Love your neighbor as yourself and your country more than yourself." -Thomas Jefferson

Right now, we are all very divided. Countrymen against countrymen. Friendships destroyed. Hypocrisy from both sides. I've witnessed the hatred, the scorn, the bigotry. I have seen the streets of the country that I love trashed, burned, defaced. And my heart breaks. I cannot understand that hearts could be so darkened that they could turn to the destruction of the very place that has given freedom and opportunity like no other. The past year and a half has been brutal. I have experienced it and seen it first hand. We are a nation divided. We are a nation that is hurting. We desperately need a different direction and a fresh start. This past year and a half has brought out the very worst in us, but it has also, at times, brought out some very redeeming qualities.

Regardless, we have some real problems here. And these problems are not that Donald Trump won the presidency. These problems existed far before Trump came onto the scene. He didn't cause the problems we face. Whether you want to admit it or not, these problems were already here. There is absolutely no denying that we have social and economic mountains to move, because recklessness and irresponsible actions as well as our blatant denial of all things moral in this country is what has put us in the position we are in right now. No one man did this. Stop blaming one man for years of destruction our corrupt government and media have been fostering for years. It isn't realistic and it isn't accurate. As for Trump... you either love the man or you hate him. Whether you want to believe that or not... those are the two extremes and it is likely that you stand on one of those sides.

Here is another fact. This man that you love or hate represents you and he represents a majority of people who exercised their rights to place him in office. Whether you like it or accept it is quite honestly irrelevant, because he is your president. If you are a citizen of the United States of America, HE IS YOUR PRESIDENT. And regardless of what you think of him, this truth holds. I believe that Donald Trump was put in this position for a reason, because I believe that God continuously blesses this country far beyond what we deserve, because we have not honored Him and we have denied Him at every turn. Though this country is divided, I have seen God move mountains in a very short period of time. Barack Obama had eight years of a presidency handed to him by the majority of the American people.

IF you believe this, then you also know that Trump has been promised four years of the presidential office handed to him by the majority of the American people, and just like those who voted for our 44th president, our 45th president deserves the same amount of respect, recognition, and the same chance to represent the voice of the majority who put him into office. Do not make the mistake of thinking that there is no hope for this country. God has had His hand in the greatest country in the world since the beginning. He had His hand in this election, and He is sovereign. Our country needs to remember that. Regardless of the side you take, respect providence and respect your country. Respect the people who have elected YOUR president, because he is just that. And he will be for the next four years. His success is our success, and if you cannot stand with him, stand with your fellow countrymen- your neighbors, your coworkers, those who voted for this man. They have a voice and they deserve to have it heard, and they deserve a chance just as much as the next man. You owe it to yourself, your countrymen, and your country.