NEVER Say To Someone Going Through A Breakup

5 Things You Should NEVER Say To Someone Going Through A Breakup

Maybe it's best to just say nothing at all.

800

It sucks to break up with someone.

Having to deal with the emotional heartbreak that comes with a breakup and the millions of questions from people, it can be hard to feel like you will ever be okay again. With the questions comes many attempts of people saying things that are supposed to make you feel better. These can range anywhere from I've been there too, to confessions of how badly they wanted the two of you to break up. Most people tend to have good intentions with the words they say to someone struggling through a breakup, however a lot of the time the words they speak fall short of the goal.

Knowing what should and should not be said during a breakup is important and knowing specifically why it is not a great thing to say is even more important. This list gives the top five worst things to say to someone going through a breakup.

1. You'll find someone new 

If your friend just broke up with their significant other, they probably aren't ready to find someone new just yet. Hug them and validate their feelings, don't go pushing them into a new relationship.

2. Finally!

You may not have liked the relationship, but your friend did. Don't make rude unnecessary comments about a relationship you only saw from the outside.

3. I never liked them 

Let's face it, at the end of a relationship everyone feels like they should point out all of the faults that were in the relationship. But, do your friend a favor and just save the rambling about everything that was wrong with the relationship. It won't help anything at this point.

4. Don't try to stay friends 

It might be unrealistic to stay best friends, but your ex is someone that you loved a lot and cared about, of course, you're always going to care about and want to be friends with that person.

5. I know what you're going through 

No way! Really! Obviously, I am not the only one that has ever been broken up with, but you most definitely have never experienced the same feelings I have.