A Long Distance Best Friend: Benefits
Mental Health

The Benefits of Not Seeing Your Best Friend on a Daily Basis

The perks of not seeing your best friend can be truly wonderful

65
https://www.maxpixel.net/Sunset-Love-Best-Friend-Important-Family-Friends-2609525
Maxipexel

Over the past few years, I have heard several times, "How are you best friends, you don't even see each other regularly or things like "I am sure yu=ou have someone closer to you who is better" Truth be told, we are best friends, no one can replace my best friend for me. Here are 8 reasons why its good to not see your best friend on a daily basis.

1. The Wait

Living in the United States, halfway across the world is not easy and certainly more difficult if your best friend is thousands of miles away from you. You don't know when you will meet him or her and soon the wait turns into a longing. Then one fine day, you know when and where you are going to rendezvous, and that moment is a moment of immense joy and power. Why? Because once you know when you when you will meet your best friend you just can't wait, although each day seems longer now, you love the fact that with each

2. The Trust

The fact that you have a best friend who stays away from you and is still your best friend, speaks volumes about the quality of the relationship you have among each other. This relationship is most probably is based on trust and affection, trust which is blind, over time, as distance keeps you apart, trust is the only element that holds the friendship together, so rejoice as this distance makes the trust you place in each other stringer my the second, by the minute, by the hour

3. The Concern

There might have been several times when you might have asked each other to bugger off as you are involved in your busy daily work, but there are times when you know that your best friend calls you out of pure concern for you and there could be nothing more fulfilling to know that he or she is watching out for you and has got your back and you know that you are doing the same for him or her

4. The Venting Out

Not seeing your best friend means that there is a lot that you have locked up inside of you that you need to tell your best friend, only he or she can be privy to the highly personal information and you don't always get the opportunity to sit down and talk. But once in a while, you know that you have had enough and that you need your best friend to lend you an ear, you know that he or she may be busy, but at this point your need is greater and you secretly know that your long-distance best friend will lend you an ear because both of you feel the need of being around each other but are not. That is when you know the perks of having a long-distance best friend

5. The Effort

Knowing well that you two are not around each other, feel the need for each other and can relate to each other on a host of different issues, the amount of effort long distance best friends put in maintaining their friendship is unparalleled. Both of you would go out of your way to make the other one feel special even though they are miles apart from and if you don't are you even best friends

In a nutshell, you can be best friends with people who are not around you and there are several benefits of the same. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise