4 Signs You Are NOT Ready To Be In A Relationship

Being single isn't the end of the world, and if you think it is maybe you should re-check your priorities.

1764

Most people dream of finding the one. Spending months to years getting to know them, to settle down, have a life that they are comfortable with, with the person they share a deep connection. But if you are in your late teens or early twenties still in college wishing for this to happen to you, maybe you should look around and really take into consideration if you are ready for a relationship.

1.  All you can think about is having a significant other 

Now it's not bad if every now and then you take some time to really debate what you want in a partner and what your standards are. There is nothing wrong with looking around and seeing what you want and don't want in a partner, but if it constantly taking up space in your mind, you might need to take a step back and focus on other things.

2. Your phone is full of dating apps 

Some people use these web tools to search and find people just looking for fun. But if you have multiple apps and you still are single it might be time to delete them and pour all the energy and attention to yourself and your hobbies. Dating apps aren't a bad thing if you make clear what you are looking for, but if it comes down to the fact that you are paying for extra swipes, maybe save that money and go spend it on a coffee.

3. You think about your ex...a lot 

Getting closure is a vital part of life. An ex is someone who will always have an impact on your life even if is in the way of choosing a type of food over another, or new music on your travel playlist. But if you are still pondering the breakup, or writing poetry, or crying casually over them a few times a month, you are far from closure.

4. You don’t love yourself 100%

If you are looking for someone to complete you, you might want to look in the mirror because that is the only person who can make you happy. The only person who can make you the person you dream of being one day is the one that you try to tune out, the one who you blame for being single, the one who you are desperately trying to find love for. If you don't love yourself then you won't find love anywhere else.

Loving yourself is something that should come naturally and loving someone else should too. But until you have a complete vision of what your values are no one can walk into your life and find them for you.