Fear Is Not The Lifestyle For You

Fear Is Not The Lifestyle For You

Being scared is normal but letting fear bind you from not doing what God has called you to do is a different story.

247
Fear Is Not The Lifestyle For You
Pexels.com

What does it mean to be fearless?

Fear can be and scared has two different definitions and in my book mean two totally different things. Fear is a lifestyle, being scared is an emotion. Just like every other emotion, Sad, happy, stressed, annoyed, etc. When I think of Fear, I think of how the enemy can use fear to bind you.

The enemy uses fear to keep you from trying anything new, keeps you from going after the impossible and trusting that God will make a way even when it seems hopeless. Fear is the state of staying in the place of fear. Fear is chaining. Fear paralyzes you. Fear is a liar.

Now being scared, new flash, even the most fearless people get scared. They may not show it but on the inside, there is no doubt that they are having conflicting thoughts, they may question themselves or even God.

Think of David when he was fighting Goliath. I do not know about you but as I was standing in front of a giant with nothing but a sling and stones I would be just little bit scared. But you know what, David did not let being scared or having fear stop him from doing what God commanded him. You know why? Because It was not David's strength that cast down the giant in front of him.

It was God's strength through David. David knew that God has provided for him before.

"But David said to Saul, "Your servant has been keeping his father's sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear.; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them because he has defied the armies of the living God. The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.." 1 Samuel 17:34-36

What about Ester? Made queen by God's plan. She was destined to save the Jews from Haman's who wanted to kills the Jew's. She had to go in front of the King for save for her people but there was one little thing...

"All the King's officials and the people of the royal provinces know that for any man or woman who approaches the king in the in the inner court without being summoned, the king has one law; he should be put to death. The only exception to this is for the king to extend the gold scepter to him and spare his life." Ester 4:11

I do not know about you, but I would be quite scared walking up to the king with the chance that I could be struck down in death at any waking moment. But what did Ester say?

"Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish." Esther 4:16

That is fearless in my book. She obedient to God if when she faces death.

What about the disciplines, They knew that they would face persuasion as they went out and preached God's word. Did that stop them NO! Peter lead over 3,000 to the Lord Jesus Christ.

What do all these people have in common? Yes, I do not doubt they were all scared but they did not let fear bind them; they were fearless.

Sadie Roberston spoke a Mississippi State a few days ago and she was explaining her inspiration behind her new book Live Fearless. She said there were so many moments where fear bound her and held her back from so many of God's plans for her. But she learned that she had to be fearless. She had to trust God and rely on his strength and follow where God's was calling her.

Do not let fear keep you from doing what you know you can do and keep you from playing the game. God conquers all fear.