15 Things You Wouldn't Usually Do But Are Totally Normal During Quarantine

The world is really weird right now, so if you catch yourself doing these things, please know it's completely normal.

24

Right now, every single person in the world is stuck in their own house. The world has been put on pause, and people are scrambling wondering what on Earth to do to fill the day. Sometimes, people may find themselves doing things they wouldn't normally do, like wearing their pajamas all day or binging all of "Parks and Recreation" in one day. We all have our ways of dealing with quarantine, so just find what works for you and go with it! Here are 15 things you wouldn't normally do that are totally normal to do in quarantine.

1. Eating a ton of comfort food

Yes, eating healthy is still important, especially now since you can't go to the gym. But every now and then, life becomes too much, and you just need some ice cream. A little bit of comfort food now and then never hurt anybody, especially not now.

2. Sitting on your couch and doing nothing but watch Netflix

https://wifflegif.com/tags/1529-new-girl-gifs?page=13

You gotta listen to Nick Miller. If you need to take a break, curl up in your favorite blanket with your favorite snacks, and watch "New Girl" for the fiftieth time, that's totally okay. There's nothing wrong with taking the time to watch something that makes you happy.

3. Baking loads of banana bread

It's all over Instagram, so you might as well try it, right? Baking is a great creative thing to try, especially since you've already watched every movie and finished every puzzle in your house. It's a calming way to get all the stress out.

4. Listening to Christmas music

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, so why not bring some of that goodness and cheer into this pandemic? Nothing brings more joy than Christmas music, so get ready to deck the halls and fill your home with good cheer. And maybe you can put up some lights while you're at it.

5. Online shopping until you can't stare at your laptop screen anymore

What's better than retail therapy? Absolutely nothing. Since you can't go to any of your favorite stores right now, they're having some of the best online shopping deals ever. You may never find prices like this again, so what are you waiting for?

6. And maybe splurging just a little bit on that one outfit

When you get out of quarantine, you're going to need to perfect outfit for the first day you leave the house. I personally have one hanging in my closet, ready to go. Hitting up the best shopping websites is the perfect way to customize the perfect outfit. And if it's a little pricey? Well, you've been cooped up in your house so long you don't know what day it is anymore, so you've definitely earned it.

7. Watching nothing but cartoons and Disney movies

Nostalgia can bring some of the best healing there is. Childhood memories can help you remember some of the fondest moments of your life, like watching Saturday morning cartoons and eating sugary cereal. Disney movies are also some of the happiest movies ever made, so if you want to escape to a world of fantasy where anything is possible, be sure to add these to your watchlist.

8. Wearing your pajamas all day

Pajamas and yoga pants are the standard wardrobe right now. They're just so comfy and the best things to lounge in while you're laying on the couch watching Netflix and eating popcorn. If you're going to be in your home all day, you might as well be comfortable.

9. Going a week without washing your hair

https://tenor.com/search/hair-bun-gifs

These are really tiring times right now, so if you need to take only a quick shower, that's totally understandable. You're probably just leaving your hair in a messy bun anyway, so it's all good.

10. Missing your friends a little more than usual

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6QL1hsoNcw3HxNks/giphy.gif

If you had to leave your college a few weeks early, you've had to say goodbye to your friends way too soon. And with quarantine still going on, who knows when you'll get to see them again? If you text your friends more than usual telling them how much you miss them, it's perfectly normal. And be sure to take time out of your day to text or to FaceTime them. We can stay connected through technology even when we're apart.

11. Getting a little angry every now and then

This is completely and totally understandable. You might have had a summer internship get cancelled or lost a graduation ceremony (I'm right there with you, Class of 2020). You might have been planning to travel this summer, or you want to spend time with your friends. Maybe you just want to be able to go to your favorite restaurant and enjoy a night out. We're all losing something right now, so if you want to vent, let it out! It's totally understandable.

12. Taking some time to cry

Or if you want to cry, that is completely and totally understandable as well. There is a lot of loss happening in the world right now, and emotions are running higher than ever. If you need to cry every now and then, that is absolutely okay. Crying is a super healthy way to let out your emotions, and I definitely encourage it.

13. Feeling confused about what's going to happen next

This is another emotion that is totally okay! The news is super stressful, things are so uncertain, and no one even knows what tomorrow is going to be like. The future can be a scary thing to think about, so if you need to take some time to just let all your anxiety out about the what happens next, it's totally fine.

14. Turning off the news if it's too much for you

I've definitely done this a few times. The news is pretty bleak right now, and it can be depressing to hear about all the bad things going on in the world. If you need to, turn off the news and just take a break to detox. Better yet, if you're looking for good news right now, check out John Krasinski's "Some Good News" channel on YouTube, or Tanks Good News and The Happy News on Instagram.

15. Wondering if anything will ever be okay again

https://media.giphy.com/media/DQ94PFPPETZCM/giphy.gif

I may not be able to give you a hug in person, but consider this your virtual hug from me! If you're scared, that's okay. If you're angry, that's okay. If you're just wondering if the world is ever going to be okay again, you are totally fine. Everyone has their own way of coping with this pandemic. Just remember you are not alone in how you feel. And everything is going to be okay.