Thanks But No Thanks, I'm Not Interested In Being Part Of Hookup Culture
relationships

Living in a hookup world but not a hookup type of girl.

716
woman holding out bouquet of roses in front of face

Where to even begin... I've always felt as though I am an old soul, especially when it comes to relationships and what I am into. Yet, I live in an era where hooking up with someone you meet online, or at a party, is the way to go. Nothing against this or the people that do this. Yet, it is not for me because I see it as a much more personal and intimate thing. Not even the hooking up part but even the different personal elements that you share with that person.

There is no way that someone will get all of that in one night. I personally really enjoy the intimate aspect of a committed, long-term relationship with someone that you really get to know and all the little things that come along with it. For most people my age, this outlook can seem like a very odd and obscure idea. Now as a college student, this hookup culture aspect is even more prevalent than ever. People are just looking for something quick and easy with no strings attached, and technology is making that even easier because it helps with having there be even less face to face communication.

Now that I am getting a taste of it first hand I have come to the realization that it is just not for me or what I am looking for. Personally, from what I have witnessed finding someone who is genuine and wants to get to know you before they get to see you naked is rare. Rather, it is the other way around meaning they'd rather skip the whole "get to know you" part and just have you naked in their bed and then forget your name the next day. This has become an even easier task with help from "hookup apps" such as Hinge, Tinder, and more which make a hookup happen in the swipe or click of a finger.

If only we could rewind and go back to the time where we'd go on a date before sleeping with someone or asking to see them naked. Times have really changed and though this is where my generation is I am not for it and definitely not into it!