Fiction On Odyssey: What Happens Next?

Fiction On Odyssey: What Happens Next?

The next part of No Promises in the Wind is here!

10
Fiction On Odyssey: What Happens Next?
upload.wikimedia.org

Dear Diary,

I started to write, today I told the children about the story of when their loyal mother, Janey, met my marvelous mother, Mary.

I started to say the wonderful, heart-warming story to my enthusiastic children, "It was a sunny day in Nebraska, and I was reading the newspaper, Omaha Daily Bee. While I was reading the informational and interesting, newspaper, Janey was working very hard today, but she would not let me help her. She is so stubborn sometimes.

Her exact words were that she exclaimed angrily were," No you cannot help me. Now tell me how your family is doing, and I still have not met them!"

I replied to her," All right, but I forgot to tell you that my mother and Josh are coming over, so you can finally meet my mother."

I excitedly started to tell the children the Gronkowski history and how they were doing, as I continued to write frantically. I am twenty years old. I married your mother, Janey when I was nineteen years old, but my mother never got to see her because we ran away. Today is our anniversary on June 19, 1942. To this day I continued to believe that my bossy brother was demanding. My kind, outstanding mother and my bossy brother, Josh, owned a little shop in the Loop of the bitter state of Chicago. They teach children how to play the black and white piano. Kitty my strongly loving sister still works at the Loop typing. She had aggressively gotten through the Great Depression. As all good was happening, when I was eleven, my father had died. He was trying to get through the Great Depression independently but was not able to.

After that the children had shouted, "Wow! There was so much history we did not know in that!"

Then, the doorbell conveniently rang as I was too depressed to acknowledge the rest of the grand story. The children went to their rooms.

I asked Janey," Ready to meet my mom?"

Janey replied to me," As ready as I will ever be."

They delightfully opened the door to greet Josh and Mary.

Mom and Josh excitedly uttered, "Hi Josh and Janey!"

I answered," Hi guys! This is Janey, Janey this is my mom and you remember Josh."

Janey replied," Yes! Hello Mrs. Grondowski and Josh."

Mary exclaimed," Please call me Mary after all you are part of the family know!"

The two women went to the kitchen to prepare dinner and get to know each other, while the two brothers went into the living room to catch up.

Josh requested me to tell him how it felt like to live far away from Chicago's brittle, cold winters, and how the helpful Lonnie was doing.

I excitedly answered," It feels great and we have spectacular weather down here in Nebraska! Lonnie is doing great, and he got a raise. Unfortunately, he is not here, he is in Louisiana, but I will surely tell him that you were here."

Josh replied, "Thanks brother I owe you one!"

Towards the end of the day Mom and Janey yell," Boy dinner is ready! It is black bean soup with bread!"

I whispered to Josh," Just like the old times!"

After dinner and a bit more talking mom and Josh left.

I shouted to the car," Remember to call us when you get there!"

Josh shouts his reply back," We will definitely call you when we get there!"

That was the end of the story I told the kids, and I put then to sleep. After they were asleep, Janey and I started to clean up the kitchen. The stubborn Janey needed my help today, and I happily helped her! As I did the dished, I started to hum my exclusive father song, Goalru, nosily, but Janey stopped me to remind the kids were asleep. Then I thought and wished that my strict and fun dad was here with me.

I tearfully said," Life can be good, it may not be happy, but it feels excellent to have you, the children, my mom, and Josh on my side. I have been blessed with greatness in this world. I love you, Janey."

Janey, who was already crying, answered, "I love you too Joey!"

Janey and I hugged until we stopped crying because we loved each other so much, and always have and will bless each other till the end.

Best Regards,

Your vast companion Joey