No One Deserves God's Grace

No One Deserves God's Grace

Luckily, He doesn't care.

739
No One Deserves God's Grace

Once before, I had the opportunity to chat about salvation with someone close to me, and they shared their feeling of unworthiness with me. They told me that they were unsure of getting saved because they felt they were so deep in sin that they didn't deserve God's grace and gift of salvation. Fortunately, after listening to, encouraging, and praying for this person, I saw them be saved and baptized. While I'm extremely grateful for this person's salvation, I haven't given much thought to their original dilemma of unworthiness since then. Until now, that is. Today, another friend shared with me that someone close to her was feeling that same sense of unworthiness. This person feels so unclean and undeserving of Heaven, that they are unwilling to accept Christ, and that my friends, is heartbreaking.

After listening to my friend talk about her desire for this person to move past these feelings and be saved, I began to think that maybe more people feel the way my loved one did before they were saved. I began to think about how horrible I felt before I was saved, and how little I deserve the grace and mercy I have received. I realized that these people have the devil in their ears feeding them the lies that keep them from salvation, and this absolutely breaks my heart.

So, if this sounds like you, if you feel unworthy, unclean, or undeserving, I pray that you read this and are encouraged to take Jesus into your heart. Or, if you've been saved but have slipped into sin and feel that you don't deserve to come home to Jesus, this is for you, too.

Let's start with the tried and true John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Did you notice that word whoever? It does not say anyone who has never been drunk before or anyone who has never cussed or any other sin you can think of. No, it says whoever.Whoever believes in Him, that person shall live forever. Therefore, the operative word in this verse for salvation is believes.

God is not concerned with your past. He is concerned with your future, with your eternal home. He is concerned with the decisions you make right now. Once you are saved, all the sins of the past are washed away. There is no stain that is big enough that God's grace can't get rid of it. Do not let your past hold you back from a bright future.

Let's go to Romans 3:10, "As it is written: 'there is none righteous, no, not one;' " and to verse 21-23, " But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,".

What we have to remember is that in God's eyes, no one sin is bigger or worse than any other. Even the seemingly tiniest of sins are deserving of death. However, our God is merciful and loves each of His children no matter what stage in their faith they are in. He loves you no less than He did yesterday, and He can't possibly love you any more than He does today. This is a difficult concept for us humans to wrap our heads around, but the fact of the matter is: God loves each and every one of us with a unshakable, unfathomable, eternal, and persistent love. He doesn't love you more when you become saved, but He is overjoyed that one of His children is coming home.

Did you realize that? God loves sinners just as fervently as he does saints. He is not angry with someone for living in sin, His heart breaks for them and pursues them until they come home. Even if you don't realize it, God is trying to get into your life. If you want to be saved and don't feel like you deserve it, know that God loves you and wants you right now, just as you are. Sit down and pray, read scripture, try to hear Him and open your heart to Him. Being saved isn't difficult. You don't have to be rich or have clout. You don't have to have a clean record (no one does). All God asks that you do is confess His name and believe.

If you needed this message, I encourage you to reach out to a local pastor/ preacher/ priest and ask them for help in making the most important decision in your life or to come back home. They aren't there to judge you. That's not their job. They're there to help you; let them.