Nine Country Songs Guaranteed To Make You Sob

For those times where you just need to cry.

291

Everyone has that one genre of music that helps them get through the tough times, the break ups, being in love, and the ones where you just need to scream. But what about the times you just need a good cry and don't know why? C'mon girls, I know you all know what I'm talking about. Whether it's that time of the month or you're just feeling down. These nine country songs are sure to make you start bawling like a baby.

1. Don't Take The Girl by Tim McGraw

This is one of those songs you just don't see coming until the end, then it sucker punches you right in the feels. It's a song about a little boy who doesn't want to take the girl down the street fishing with him and his dad. Overall, he falls in love with her, typical. It really gets you at around 2:46.

2. Austin by Blake Shelton

Boy loves girl. Girl leaves boy. But then, plot twist, he still loves her and updates his answering machine every week. It's a country song of phone tag. Just watch the video, I promise the ending will get you.

3. Saving Amy by Brantley Gilbert

It's about a girl who loses her boyfriend and how he's still watching over her from Heaven. He watches over her to make sure she's okay and asks God to save her and keep her safe. In the end, when she dies, he's still waiting for her at the pearly gates so they can make up for lost time.

4. There Goes My Life by Kenny Chesney

Teenage pregnancy! Okay, but seriously. It's a guy who gets his girlfriend pregnant. We all know one teenage mother whether it's yourself, in my case my own mom, or Maci from Teen Mom. Poor Kenny is scared out of his mind, but he owns up to it and takes care of the little nugget. Then the whole chorus changes when he falls in love with his little girl and she goes off to college. Tears me apart.

5. Travelin' Solider by Dixie Chicks

Alright, dating someone in the service myself, this one hits a little more close to home. A military boy falls in love with a girl with a bow in her hair. So when he leaves for war she promises she'll never hold the hand of another guy. They send letters back and forth while he's overseas and then the worst that can happen, happens. And no one cares but the girl with the bow in her hair.

6. Alyssa Lies by Jason Michael Carrol

If you guys have never heard this one before, brace yourselves and grab the nearest box of tissues. Worst (best) song in country history. I'm not going to ruin it. Just go listen to the song. You let me know how to tell his daughter why Alyssa Lies.

7. Quarterback by Kira Isabella

With everything that's been happening with sexual assault lately, this song holds a lot. What would you do if you were a freshman in band and the quarterback of the football team smiled at you and asked you to come to a party with him? I'm from a small town, we didn't have football but I would sure as hell go. So she drinks too much at a party, we've all been there, but what happens to her is something that happens way too often. And no one believes her because, well, he's the quarterback.

8. Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley

Ok, I know we've all heard this one. It's one I have to skip over on Pandora every time it comes on. I hear the first note and I'm already teary eyed. From the video perspective, it's a man that just came back from war and found out his girlfriend has been cheating on him the whole time. So he leaves her and he drinks himself to death with a note that says I'll love her until I die. So now we see the other side where she blames herself for him dying and also drinks herself to death. They end up being buried together underneath the Willow.

9. Flowers by Chris Young

The last song on our list. It's everything he should have done but was too busy drinking and spending too much time at the bar. I'm just going to leave one of the verses of the song. It'll explain everything
I still see you on your knees, begging me not to drive
But I took away the keys and made you climb inside
And I'd take your place in this field of stone if I only had the power
Look what it took for me to finally bring you flowers