5 Ways Nike's "Just Do It" Slogan Nails Your Life Motto

When Nike's slogan applies to your whole life.

3295

When you think of sports brands, Nike is one of those companies that immediately pops into mind. What sets it apart from its competitors is its slogan: “just do it.” Those three words were intended to get people motivated to get up and be active or to push through a workout, but this slogan means so much more than that. When you really think about it, this saying can be applied to all aspects of your life.

1. JUST DO what you love!

So many people waste a lot of time settling for things like jobs that they don’t particularly love. This can impact your everyday mood and even your outlook on life. Doing what you love helps each and every day feel a little more special. When you don’t love what you are doing, it can become burdensome. Not only that, but you are just going through the motions, meaning you aren’t truly learning anything at all. When you have a new goal to work towards, nothing feels like work. If you love what you are doing every day, tomorrow becomes an exciting part of your life over and over again.

2. JUST DO something about it!

If you are in a situation that makes you unhappy, remove yourself from it. It’s not worth the time and the energy to stress over something that you either can’t control or really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. If you are unhappy with grades and aren’t sure what the reasoning is, figure out a way to change that instead of sulking about it. Be proactive! Be a problem solver. Visiting your professor’s office hours and picking up some better study habits could be a great start. Whatever our dilemma may be whether you are having weight issues or relationship problems, do your best to address it and move on with your life!

3. JUST DO nothing!

It’s okay to take a day off. As students, course loads and personal lives have a way of eating up all of your time. This can end up leaving you with no time for personal and private relaxation. Make an effort to take a few moments out of your busy week to just do nothing and get your head in order and life organized, even if it means only feeling organized for that few seconds. You’ll feel better and more motivated to get all of your sh*t done!

4. JUST DO your homework!

Going out with your friends is fun, but just because your BFF doesn’t have any work to do doesn’t mean you don’t. Grades are important, so try not to let the fun party music from the frat down the street distract you from being a good student. Of course, you should go out and have a good time, but let’s be honest, if you want to prepare for work in the real world, it means getting your work done well and on time. Save it for Saturday, guys.

5. JUST DO you!

Be your different and unique self! Being an original will help you out in the long run. People are drawn in by your realness and will be happy to have you as a friend. Not to mention, employers will totally recognize this and appreciate that you bring different aspects and personality traits into that work environment. It’s hard to come across a person that 100 percent loves what they do and how they do it. This is made possible by being you all the time!