Night: Sleepwalking Journal, Interactive Web Series

The shock will leave you speechless.

183

Bonjour, and welcome my dear friends.

Today we are going to begin this week with a new segment in my works here at Odyssey.

Aside from culinary art, poetry and music, another beloved art form of mine is horror and ARG (alternate reality gaming) web series.

Arg's, used in mediums such as YouTube, reddit, Discord, tumblir, and various blogs and online platforms, might have first started widespread online with the Slenderman stories and photos, first posted on something awful, spawning beautiful independent content shows such as: Marble Hornets, Tribe Twelve, EverymanHYBRID, Keratin Garden, My Dark Journal, The November Project, Darkharvest00 , A whispered Faith, Stan Frederick, tja projects, Caughtnotsleeping, and many many more.

The ARG platform provides a interactive experience between the content creators and the viewing audience, as they periodically post short video clips and puzzles, clues, binary, and other forms of visual mystery for the viewer to solve, which can help the protagonists in the show (or in some instants, the antagonist or proxies) and can determine which way the future episodes will veer and conclude.

I might do a more thorough review of the origin and culture of ARG history in the future, but for now let's turn down the lights, embrace our nightmares, and focus on the content at hand.

Night: Sleepwalking Journal. A YouTube web series arg created by film maker/creator and writer, Andrew Muto.

Andrew Muto is a writer, actor, director and much more for many outlets and genres, including Comedy Central, and his short horror film "Blood Runs Black" is by far in my top five films.

Night: Sleepwalking Journal begins with our character Mark Miller who we can gather from the first few uploads is having troubles with sleep walking. A ominous glowing red lite sideways shot opens the scene of episode 1, a woman is asleep head down besides the camera. A rustling light sound of a blanket and head movement follows as we now see from a 1st person video view and the ceiling above. Another soft rustle and movement gives us a view of the bedroom, its dark, with only the red light, just barely giving us a illuminated perspective to show a haunting reflection is seen as the door is wide open leading to pitch black hysteria. A clue can be gathered now that this camera is attached to Mark and activates when movement begins, thus to documenting his activity when this sleepwalking occurs. Eerie silence fills as we watch step by step, he walks through his house.

Pitch black with only the small red light ahead, we see stairs, a baby's crib and the red glow of a sleeping child, the unsettling nature of this is that we have no idea what is going on. Why is he having these very sleepwalking occurrences, is he liable to hurt himself on the long dark staircase, or even more alarming, is this a illness or possession which will cause harm to his family?

For myself, dark houses, roaming into the frightening unknown.

This is the perfect set up for a multitude of mysterious and on edge results, leaving our own psychosis to build the fears ahead. Amplifying each audio small creek and tv static projection sound to its full frightening potential.

This is not the document of a regular sleep study. As each episode progresses, you can see something is wrong with our main character and something not right is going on in this house.

I will not spoil any of this story, its a remarkable journey, and is free on YouTube. The writing, acting and cinematography is to good to leak the first reveal, the exciting thing is...the series is still going! Some episodes are but only a few minutes, so take a night to grab some popcorn and experience twists and shocks that will delight and slither into your worst nightmares.

Even as we speak his new series, Kill The Devil, is being filmed.

I love seeing independent artists doing such great work like this. I want to make more articles covering brilliant content like this in the future, because with allot of main stream releases trying to do their best to satisfy horror / sci-fi / paranormal fans, the independent ARG community is really delivering. And the beautiful thing about Night: Sleepwalking Journal, is you do not have to feel intimidated to join the game, solve puzzles, codes etc. the show itself works on its own and its a fun experience for any viewer looking to get immersed into this tapestry of psychological insanity.

Please follow the links below for viewing, Thank you all for reading and.....happy haunts.

Night: Sleepwalking Journal

@andrewmuto