8 Ways To Be Nicer To Yourself When You Aren't Feeling Confident

While we all have bad days, here are 8 things you can do to combat those feelings.

6

Everyone has those times where they feel _____. That blank is a different word for everyone, but here are eight things you can do to make yourself feel better.

Meditate.

Meditation is known to help reduce stress levels and can decrease the amount of mean and negative things you have to say about yourself.

Take some time for self-care.

It's crazy what a face mask or a glass of wine can do for your mood. If you're feeling overwhelmed and stressed, find a way to be nicer to yourself and relax a little bit,

Work out.

Working out releases feel-good endorphins in your brain and will allow you to feel better about yourself after you go!

Go for a drive.

Being alone with your thoughts in a car can be peaceful. Whenever I'm upset at home, I normally go for a drive just to be by myself for a little bit.

Compliment yourself.

Instead of focusing on the negative, focus on the positive! Every morning write down one thing you like about yourself and use this to guide your day.

Invest time in yourself.

Whether it's watching Netflix for an hour a night to decompress or sharing a glass of wine with a friend, make sure you're taking time for yourself and helping your mental health.

Practice yoga.

Yoga has tremendous health benefits, and the practice of yoga connects your mind, body, and soul in a peaceful and calm environment.

Spend time in nature.

Little things like doing homework outside or taking a walk on the weekends will help you feel better about yourself and will increase your serotonin levels. There is interesting research that as nature or greenspaces increase, depression rates decrease.

Make sure to take some time for yourself if you're feeling overwhelmed or stressed out, and be kinder to yourself and your body.