Truly Nice Guys Do Not Finish Last

If You Have To Convince Yourself 'Nice Guys Finish Last' To Cope With Rejection, You're NOT A Nice Guy

It's not me, it's definitely you.

330

Ever since I started dating, 'nice guys finish last' was always something I've heard. From guys I have rejected, from guys I have broken up with, even from catchy YouTube videos from my younger years. It's exhausting.

Guys, the claim that "nice guys finish last" and girls only want a guy that treats them like garbage is a sad excuse you use to justify why a woman would reject you.

You think that there's just no other explanation for a girl to not just fawn over you, that you're just the absolute nicest guy ever. Every girl would be so lucky to have you, right?

You should probably take the hint. You're not a nice guy, that's why you're "finishing last."

Nice guys don't just sweet talk a girl to try to get in her pants. Nice guys don't entertain her emotions long enough to get what they want. Nice guys don't creepily hit on a girl who is so clearly not as interested as he is. Nice guys don't pursue a girl just for their own personal, temporary gain.

It's not that hard to just acknowledge the wake-up call we're trying to give you. Stop rejecting the idea that there is something wrong about how you're acting or what you're doing. There's got to be a reason that multiple girls aren't interested in you if you believe you're just such a nice guy.

Maybe the next time a girl tells you she's not interested, just respect that. Don't assume she only likes men who treat her like shit, because that's definitely not the case. Don't go crazy and call her a bitch for not wanting to be with you. Don't treat her like she's flawed and you're the second coming of Christ who could never have any poor traits at all.

Sometimes, we make bad dating decisions. That's normal, guys do it, too. We all have that awful ex that comes to mind when we think about bad guys. That's not a type we're interested in, though. We don't prefer to date guys who break our hearts, cheat on us, or reel us into a toxic relationship. If you really think this is how women work, you're definitely not the nice guy you think you are.

Just face it. You're not being rejected because that girl doesn't know what she's missing. You're not being rejected because she's just a bitch. You're not being rejected because she decided to pick a douchebag over you. You're the douchebag.

This excuse is old, it's sad, and it's tiring. Try to do some self-reflection as to how you treat and talk about these women once they say the simple word of "no." It'll probably be eye-opening to you since you're just such a nice guy.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.